Aperture file permissions

I am running OSX10.4 w/aperture 2 getting an error when i try and open the program that states file premissions are not correctly set... HELP!!! :mad::mad:

This might be one of the few times that using Disk Utility to Repair Permissions on your boot drive might be an appropriate course of action. :wink:

If that doesn't do it, is the error message any more explicit? Does it say what file(s) have incorrect permissions? Is it in your library file, or the application itself, or one of the multitudinous frameworks that it uses?

This might be one of the few times that using Disk Utility to Repair Permissions on your boot drive might be an appropriate course of action. :wink:

If that doesn't do it, is the error message any more explicit? Does it say what file(s) have incorrect permissions? Is it in your library file, or the application itself, or one of the multitudinous frameworks that it uses?
its the library file... which is on an external drive...

its the library file... which is on an external drive...
I just checked my Aperture library, and its permissions are set to owner having read and write access, and everyone else having read only access.
You could try making a backup copy of your library (if you haven't already), and setting the permissions up like that if they aren't already. It's possible that some file inside the package is what's having problems, which makes it more difficult to figure out.
If that doesn't work, maybe starting up while holding down the Option key, or Option-Command, or whatever finger-workout you need to get the dialog box to come up that lets your rebuild your library file. That might clean up your problem (again, working with a backup kept somewhere safe).

Top Bottom