Aperture Selection Question

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by jgrove, Jul 12, 2005.

1. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    I have noticed a slight "quirck" in my D2hs. If i select AP or SP take a picture, even with the meter still on i cannot slect a new aperture without putting finger back on the shutter release button? Even though the meter is still on.

Can someone see if there D2hs or D2x does it?

Select AP take a pic (your finger is now off the shutter release but the meter is still active) then try and change the aperture using the sub command dial. Will it let you?

Thanks

2. nfoto

nfoto Guest

The D2X/D2H don't behave like this. I'm free to set apertures all the time (I set aperture directly on the lens, BTW, but the described behaviour doesn't occur with "G" lenses either). Are you sure you haven't engaged some kind of interlock on the menus?

3. jgrove

jgrove

Apr 13, 2005
    Halesowen,UK
    I dont think so, i have done a few tests and found this:

On the D2hs in AP mode you take a pic and then the defualt timeout goes for meter off, but it would appear that on some occasions the top LCD displays the meter reading for abit longer. It doesnt happen all the time.

Just to confirm then,

Put you camera into AP mode, using a G type lens, select an ap and take a pic, your finger is now off the shutter button, leave the camera for about 5 secs and then try and select an aperture with the sub-command dial. It would appear it only happens with mine occasionally, must be something i have done!

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Bjorn , is there a menu setting im missing for setting aperture on cpu lenses? Id love to go back to setting the aperture on the lense.

5. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Custom function f6 or something in that vicinity. I've set all my cameras to allow this if the model has the feature (all of them except the D70)

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    MAn I gotta look at that . You just made my day!

Bingo Thanks A million.

7. nfoto

nfoto Guest

Very close to f6, it's f5 :)