1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Aperture Won't Show Levels Histogram

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Terry M., Sep 27, 2008.

1. Hey all,

I've been using Aperture 2 now for a couple of weeks with great success. Today, I started having problems. When I have the Inspector pane up, looking at the Adjustments tab, the histogram at the top of the pane shows up, but the histogram in the Levels adjustment area (lower down) shows an empty histogram. If I try to bring up Luminescence, RGB, or the individual color channels, nothing.

Any ideas of what's going on? Thanks.

2. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Hi Terry,

Do you have the little tick-box checked next to where it says Levels? The histogram won't show up until the levels brick is activated.

Hope that helps!

3. Jez,

Yep. Check box is ticked. Interestingly enough, when I closed Safari (which took a Force Quit to get it to close), Aperture started acting normally again. Weird? My guess is that Safari was causing some system level anomaly that was affecting Aperture.

4. Jez

Jez

Jun 22, 2005
    UK
    Hi Terry,

Glad to hear everything's working properly now!

5. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Funny. i do not use Safari (Firefox for me)....but whenever Aperture starts acting weird fo me, if I close iTunes, things straighten right up.

Ah yes..... Love those Mac vs PC ad's ;) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.