Apparition with custom PS brushes

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Custom Photoshop brushes have opened up a whole new area for me, a wonderful chance to evolve my style.

Here's my latest try called "Apparition". This graceful doe popped by last night and I captured her sprinting across the street with my D200 and 18-200VR. I extracted her from the background, then made that selection a custom brush.

The other part of this is another smart object from my library, the flowers from a butterfly bush. My crop of butterfly bush flowers is the best I've ever had this year, so they are portrayed using the actual image.

Combining the illusions created by the "doe" brush and the butterfly bush flower is how I created this montage.

Since this is new to me, I love to have your feedback on this approach.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

2. I like it a lot Virginia....really love the color combo :smile::smile::smile:

3. Hey, Thanks Mike.
    I'm glad you like the colors.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. brownie2d2x

brownie2d2x Guest

I like it very much, Virginia....the colors and dimension. Almost looks like paper art.

5. Thanks, Carol.
    Working with custom brushes is a lot of fun.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

6. Virginia,

That's a very nice montage ......... having those custom brushes and smart objects must save you a lot of time ...... nice job.

7. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Nice Virginia

This is special Virginia...so well balanced and clear...I like the contrasting colours agaimst the grey background.....perfect!

best wishes

Ray

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Amazing
    Nice work Virginia

9. this is very well done Virginia!

10. Thanks, Bob, Ray, Gale and Dave.
    Custom brushes have their limitations, but they are worth investigating.
    I urge you to give them at try.

Virginia
    aka beaucamear