1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Applause for Neat Image

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by woundedmallard, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Hey All,

A complimentary plug for Neat Image http://www.neatimage.com/ , which is my noise reduction program of choice.
    Having to do a complete restore this past week on my pc, I lost a few programs. Of course I paid for their program (Pro+ Edition). In this day and age where many practice the concept of customer "no service", they were exceedingly helpful.
    Certainly wasan't banking on it being easy, but a courteous request was answered promptly (less than 12 hours) and a hit on a link with registration info and all was restored!
    Very happy with their customer service, needless to say and thought I'd share that with you.

2. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    Great to hear because I've been contemplating buying the program myself after hearing many good things about it.

3. tomtodeath

tomtodeath

Jan 11, 2007
    new jersey
    I would be interested in seeing some "real" before and after noise reduction at iso 1600, although I am pretty happy with the Noise Ninja PS plugin.

4. I use neat image and like it.

5. dspeed

dspeed

Dec 17, 2006
    Carlsbad, NM
    Gordon -

Can you compare Neat Image with the NR in the current Lightroom?

Dave

6. SoCalBob

SoCalBob

Feb 9, 2006
    Riverside, CA
    I can't help with any comparisons with Noise Ninja, etc., but I just bought the "cheapie" $29.95 stand-alone home edition to try and downloaded it. Setup was quick and easy, and just using the program's defaults impressed the hell out of me. I'm sold based on this quick first trial run because it's so easy to use, does precisely what it claims to do very well, and appears to be very flexible, too.

I won't bore you with the photos, but my quick first run-through with the software eliminated a ton of noise in a very heavily-cropped D80 photo without making any other drastic changes to the picture.

7. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I've been wanting a noise reduction program and last night purchased the Pro+ version of Neat Image. I just applied it to my first image (an indoor volleyball shot at ISO 1600) and I am very impressed. This program is a keeper.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    noiseware is great to and free

9. leifw

leifw

Jul 25, 2007
    Bozeman, MT
    In case there are any linux users, Neat Image runs under wine on linux.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.