Apple (alt) + shift +4...who knew?

I am setting up an image sales gallery. I showed my 14 year old how I disabled the right click function so people couldn't steal my shots. She laughed and went click...and dumped a copy on my desktop :eek:

Apple + shift + 4 copies whatever you select from the screen right to your desktop...cool! But I need to re-group now....... :frown:

Who knew?

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy,
In Windows it is ALT+ PRNT SCRN or CTL+PRNT SCRN either for Desktop or Active Window. I hoped there was not a MAC version but even without it there is always "GRAB".
I have not found a way to block capturing an open window in any system.
As Larry said either watermark or post so small that upres to a usable print is not worth it.
Fortunately or unfortunatly I don't post much worth stealing 8-(
I've seen yours you do :cool:
Rich

Windows I knew....I have Grab Screen...but geez...my kid just walked in and "boom" done...laughed and left. I hate getting left behind :)

I don't post much worth stealing either...it's the principle........I think.....

J

jcovert

If you're looking at it, it's on your computer (somewhere). But the big, fat watermark is unbeatable.

The Mac shortcuts for screen dumps have always been there. At least since I started using the Mac back in the late 80s.

If you're looking at it, it's on your computer (somewhere). But the big, fat watermark is unbeatable.

Scuze my ignorance but is a watermark the same as a digimarc? I just bought a used G4 macbook and in photoshop I tried a "digimarc" but it made my photos very blurry (pixelized). Altrn.. how about putting your name right on them? I know that someone who spends the time to clone them out can get by but for most?

Scuze my ignorance but is a watermark the same as a digimarc? I just bought a used G4 macbook and in photoshop I tried a "digimarc" but it made my photos very blurry (pixelized). Altrn.. how about putting your name right on them? I know that someone who spends the time to clone them out can get by but for most?

I know...I can drop a watermark o them, but I think they look cruddy....so i was hoping to skip that process....not to be I guess.

Real Name
William Beem
I'm finding a watermark is necessary if you want to convey your identity or ownership with a photo. I've found some of mind posted on internet message boards and in a few other places.

I know PhotoShelter has a process that allows a user to post a low-res image (presumably with a watermark) in the gallery, and then let buyers download a different high res image. The possibility is there, but you have to roll you're own if you do your own server hosting.

Latest threads

Top Bottom