Apple Aperture

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Cory Cooper, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Cory Cooper

Cory Cooper

May 24, 2005
    Salem, NH
    For those of us running Macs, there is a new kid on the block:

Apple - Aperture

C

2. Allart

Allart Guest

Having just looked at the videos that Apple posted, I am very exited. Pretty much everything that annoyed me about working with NEFs, such as speed an the inability to do a lot of work with the raw files itself seems to be addressed. Plus a great tool for cataloguing photos. For instance, it will group photos from a burst together, based on the time interval.

Not a replacement for Photoshop, but a program that works together with it.

Give it a look, you might like it as well...

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I was really impressed with what I saw in the video that Apple posted on it.
    The only problem is that I need to buy a new tower (G4 Dual 1.25) and powerbook (G4 1GHz) if I really want to use it :frown:

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Sorry Dave, those puny machines can't handle it:

5. I just sat through all the quicktime promos for this it sure looks like one awesome piece of software.

6. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Did you have to rub it in? :mad:

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    One thing about this software is that it's going to be a 1.0. Apple usually does not do real well with 1.0s. Think OSX 1.0, iPhoto 1.0, iDVD, ... did I mention OSX 1.0, the beta that wasn't? The last expensive software I bought from Apple, was the QuickTine VR Authoring Studio. It worked: I have produced VR objects with it (with a VERY low rez camera!), but it was clunky and not very intuitive. I hope Aperture is much better than this, but I will probably wait until a later version before jumping in.

Oh yeah, and by then I will probably have upgraded my aging computer.