1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Apple Care rocks!!!

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by ShaunK, Jul 10, 2008.

1. My mouse for my new iMac stopped scrolling up. I would work fine down or across, not up. So I called Apple Care, figured out the problem. That was yesterday. Got the package with the new mouse today, and here I am using it already! Wow! What speedy and easy service! The bad mouse is in the box with the pre-paid return label ready for DHL to pick up tomorrow! I love good CS!

2. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    The mighty mouse is horrible and IMO will eventually fail again. I went through 2 new ones with the same scrolling problem. When I got my 3rd I sold it on craigslist and have been using my Logitech.

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I clean the little scroll wheel gently with a very small amount of lens cleaner on a microfiber cloth. Try it the next time your mighty mouse stops scrolling one direction (when it stops scrolling, not if). It is very sensitive to dirt and oils from your finger.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  4. gvg45

gvg45

Jun 16, 2008
    Los Angeles, Ca.
    I tried that with both my previous MM and it did work for a short period of time but still eventually crapped out. :frown:

5. Not good to hear... I am very careful about washing my hands before I use the computer, b/c everything is white, but still, when I got the new mouse, it was soooo much cleaner than the one I had been using!

6. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    The thing gets dirty. I just turn it upside down, press it down and scroll it a bit. It's always worked out whatever was jamming it up.

7. everyone knows how much i LOVE my macs
    but... their mouse.... sucks

it's logitech for me
    quite frankly, NO ONE makes a WORSE mouse than apple right now.... no one

8. GBRandy

GBRandy

Feb 28, 2006
    Green Bay, WI
    Lets see... I have a 24" Samsung monitor, a Microsoft keyboard, a Logitech mouse and a Mac Pro 3.0 dual quad core.

When I run Parallels & XP, you would never know I have a Mac :smile:

My daughter has the Mac keyboard which she likes...but we both tossed the Apple meeces...if you do not have one of these, you need one.....

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mice_pointers/mice/devices/130&cl=us,en

9. But, if I change my mouse, then it won't match my nice iMac!!! :tongue: I might just look into that, if/when this one craps out on me. I had Logitech before, and it was nice, not great, but nice. Maybe I'll just ditch the keyboard at the same time... too small for me, and go all wireless!

10. Hey, John, your solution worked very nicely for me! When I was reading your post I thought, "eh, yeah, the mouse on this machine is starting to act a little flaky...." so I promptly tried out your suggestion and bingo!!! MUCH better!!!!

When I bought my first Mac nearly three years ago they were still issuing the one-button clear plastic mouse as standard equipment that was supplied with the new computer. Fortunately for me, they had also just started selling the new (wired) Mighty Mouse. Ah, a two-button mouse! I bought one to try with my new machine and really liked it. Moved from that to the wireless version when that became available. I've been very happy with my Apple Mighty Mice! However, yes, they aren't for everyone. Prior to going with the MM and with my Mac I had been using the Microsoft wireless keyboard and Explorer wireless mouse on my PC, and I liked them very much. Somewhere along the line a long time ago I tried a Logitech something-or-other mouse and didn't care for it, but I don't recall now why that was.

Definitely the "feel" and use of a mouse is key to anyone's computing experience. If the mouse doesn't feel right or doesn't do what the user expects, then something needs to change.

11. exactly

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.