1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Apple did not fix my laptop =[

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by nycxaro, Jun 7, 2007.

1. nycxaro

nycxaro

Apr 26, 2006
    New York City
    Some of you may remember that I had problems with my MBP a while back and had to recover my data. Well, I sent it in to Apple a few weeks ago and they said they would NOT fix it because of water damage. I never spilled a drop on it, but I suspect that my humid college dorm did the damage. Gotta crack open a window next semester..

I argued with their managers, then I sucked it up, sold a lens and dedicated a weeks pay to get a brand new macbook core 2 duo with the free ipod and printer.... good to be back to mac.

Since I had no computer, I was building up on images for the past month on my memory cards and uploading them to a hard drive whenever I had a chance to use a computer. Now, I have the pleasure to view all the photos I'd taken the past few weeks. I think the "waiting" made it more fun and exciting... or am I just being a geek?

On another note, I installed Lightroom on the macbook and it ran well overall. It was a little skippy with certain tasks, but I suspect that it will improve vastly when I put another gig of ram in there (has 1 gig in it now).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.