1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Apple Event on September 9th

Discussion in 'Apple/Mac' started by Clix Pix, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Yes with the recent buzz around a new Nano one can only think this would be the moment :wink:

Let's see if they do return to the shape of the original Nano …

2. bozola

bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    My wife needs a new laptop... come on apple.

3. bucky919

bucky919

Feb 9, 2008
    Minot, ND
    Yep Im hopping they update there laptops, im in the market for one here very soon...

4. I hope they do change the form factor (again!) of the Nano, as the current one is just not all that appealing to my eyes. I'm still very happy with my old first-gen one which looks rather like a stick of gum! Somehow that slim profile is just more elegant than the "fatty" Nano that's the current version.

As far as new MacBooks and MacBook Pros and other changes....I think that probably it'll be a little while longer before we see that announcement.

5. Come on with the new MBP :mad: 

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Waiting for MBA with more than 64GB memory in a SSHD!

7. I'm guessing that it won't be too much longer before they finally make announcements about the notebooks -- both the MacBook and the MacBook Pro are due for some serious overhauling and of course it would be nice to see a larger SSD. What I'm hoping is that when larger-capacity SSDs are available that it would simply be a matter of popping it into my current MBA and going from there....

8. Sounds like MacPro and iMac are out of scope, correct ?

9. Julien

Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Seems that not only the Nano will be updated but also the Touch according to iLounge.

Here are some schematics they obtained :

nano4g.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

touch2g.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

10. I'm hoping for a 16GB or 32GB Nano.

11. K.David

K.David

Jun 11, 2007
    ny
    Also rumor of a update for Itunes

12. I wonder if this is the "major product line shift" that apple disclosed in its most recent annual (quarterly?) report. I've heard more than a few people speculate that the prices of ipods are going to come way down to distance them from the iphone. If so, then it will be hard not to get an ipod touch - the app store is amazing and even without the phone it is a very cool little device.

13. It would not be surprising to see the prices of iPods drop and also the reconfiguration of at least one iPod -- the Nano. With the incredible success of the Apps Store for both the iPhone and iPod Touch it seems likely that some differentiation will be made while also providing more scope with the iPod Touch that does not venture into iPhone territory....

I suspect that aside from a reconfiguration of the iPod Nano that the big news will come in the announcement of iTunes 8 and whatever features/functions it will offer beyond what is the current status.

14. they better give a decent-sized HD to the "TOUCH" first
    the current 32 GB for $500.00 is RIDICULOUSLY priced, IMHO

for $500.00.... 80 GB ought to be the MINIMUM HD size
    quite frankly.... drives are SO cheap...
    a 160 GB for THAT price wouldn't be that hard to believe, either

afterall... you can buy a 320 GB USB drive of HIGH quality for << $150.00 these days

15. For me the iPod Touch has never been of interest regardless of HD capacity because of the lack of microphone. The day last year that I was playing with my new iPhone and discovered that, hey, I could hear my music or play a video without needing to plug earphones in was thrilling. For me, this is a big deal, regardless of actual sound quality that comes out of the machine, and I realize that for audiophiles this is a different issue. When I bought my new 3G iPhone I knew that there was no question about keeping my older original iPhone. Why? I can enjoy my music without needing to plug in earbuds or earphones or whatever. To me, that's important.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.