Apple iPhone

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BanjoBanker, Jul 7, 2007.

1. BanjoBanker

BanjoBanker

Sep 21, 2006
    Mt Brook, AL
    I bought an iPhone last week when they were released. So far, I have been very pleased. The EDGE network is faster than I have read in several reviews, and the ability to connect to a WiFi hot spot makes it even better. I have loaded about 1500 of my photos to the iPhone, and the wide screen view and screen scrolling make showing them off really fun. Since I have been shooting a lot of children's birthday parties lately, having a portfolio in my pocket will, no doubt, enable me to secure more work. Anytime someone asks, I can show them my work. No more toting a laptop and album to show people who have asked me about my work. Being able to send and receive e-mail has proven to be a plus also. Any other hard core Nikon folks buying or have bought an iPhone? I would love to know what others outside of the Apple sites think about the iPhone.

2. i would get one, but the monthly expenses is far too expensive for me. they look cool enough though.

3. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    I bought one on launch day (after swearing I would wait). You're right, it's a nice way to carry your photos around to show off. I like the slideshow feature, and also that little flick motion to move from one photo to the next.

4. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    I would love to have one. I've wanted a smart/PDA phone for years but none ever matched what I thought one should be. The iPhone does that, more or less.

I already have ATT so the monthly plan would only increase by $20 (for the data access). Nevertheless, I'm going to wait until next year and get a 2nd gen. iPhone.

5. One here. Fantastic device/phone/computer what ever you wish to call it.

:smile:

6. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    So much for waiting. My wife just bought me one for my birthday this weekend. :biggrin:

Posting this from Safari on the iPhone.

7. First post from an iPhone. Strange!

8. I must admit that my iPhone is not my favorite device for surfing the Web, reading on line email or posting to forums. I will say that it came in very handy this AM when my cable was out. It is great for email, photos (both taking and displaying), calendar, a quick check of stocks and many other things. I use it several times a day whereas with my old cell phone it was maybe used once or twice a week.

Fantastic device.

9. TheBear

TheBear Guest

I don't think they've landed up here yet...

10. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    No, they're US only for now. I'm not sure if Apple is still negotiating with other telecom providers or what. I *think* they have plans to hit Europe in 2008, but what do I know?

What I can say is that I'm very pleased with my iPhone. I'll echo what Larry said about the web browser. I've used it, but I'd much rather surf on a full sized screen. The surprise hit for me was YouTube. I told my brother I may never take another book to the bathroom again.

11. sylwesterski

sylwesterski

Jul 25, 2006
    Seattle,WA
    The iPhone is definitely the coolest personal device on the market right now, I hope my wife will get me one for Christmas:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:.

12. slappomatt

slappomatt

May 13, 2006
    San Diego CA
    it looks cool but after all the issues I've had with my current touch screen pda phone im going to let this one pass. I work construction so I'm pretty sure that would be a recipe for disaster. the screen would last about 10 minutes in my pocket.

I have a cingular 8125 touch screen pda phone that I have to align the screen on almost every time I use it. which is a pain when sometimes the screen is so far out of alignment I can not hit the alignment marks.

13. No alignment to do with the iPhone screen. The screen is glass and does not scratch easily. Not sure I would recommend carrying it in a pocket without some kind of case.

14. I carry my iPhone in a pocket bare as the day I took it out of the box.

I treat all hardware this way. :biggrin:

15. I have the same phone and have never had a problem.

16. How ironic.

What she really means to say is maybe I need to get off the danged blamed phone once in a while! I sent THIS many text messages? Holy macaroni!!!!

17. Ridiculous.

Nice that she will have evidence of what she text messaged if she has to go to court.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

18. Now let's see what Connie's bill is like. :biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.