Apple/Mac Slideshow Gurus Requested

A good friend that uses a Mac has unsuccessfully been looking for slideshow software that has the following two capabilities:
  • The playback can be configured to display each image less than 1 second (the shorter the duration, the better); and
  • The software outputs a file that automatically displays the slideshow at the configured duration per image without the need to use the software that created the slideshow to play it.
Any and all ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Yes, but you have to import your pictures into "Photos" which I have always resisted. Once there, MacOS hides them from you.
In finder, on the photo library file, two-finger/right click and choose Show Package Contents. Photos are in subfolders in the “originals” folder. The names get changed when imported into Photos but if you ever need to get to them not using the Photos app, this is one way to do it.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
My wife suggested that but she doesn't know if PowerPoint will allow duration times for displaying each image as short a less than a second. Does anyone know anything about that?
PowerPoint has two timing settings. Both can be set to an accuracy of 0.01 seconds. They are configurable separately for every slide, there is no need to make a movie.
The first is the duration of the transition. That has a minimum of 0.01 seconds.
The second is the duration the slide is shown, that has a minimum of 0.00 seconds.

A quick test showed that you can make a slide show that runs so fast you can't see it!

You can save the slideshow as a PPTX file and distribute it with the free PowerPoint slideshow viewer.

Yes, but you have to import your pictures into "Photos" which I have always resisted. Once there, MacOS hides them from you.
Photos will catalog them for you in it's own container. But if you want to do a project in Photos, you can import a set of photos into it, create the project then remove the photos (or just leave them, doesn't matter). You still have the photos where you manage them, you're not changing how you're managing photos.

As for a slideshow, I prefer an actual movie (MP4) and have used iMovie to do this in the past. You add the photos to the project, drop them into the timeline, set their duration, add the music as you want and export as an MP4 and nearly any device these days will play it.

Real Name
Walter Rowe
That's one of my friend's two requirements. The other requirement is that the software that created the slide show, Powerpoint in this case, wouldn't be needed to play the slideshow. Will that also be possible?
According to this Microsoft article .. yes.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-a-video-c140551f-cb37-4818-b5d4-3e30815c3e83

It says you can save/export your presentation to a video file format (.mp4 or .wmv).

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom