Apple of my eye

Discussion in 'People' started by gilbert, Oct 19, 2005.

1. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  2. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Bravo

With Asian/Oriental skin and dark eyes you have both beauty and complexity to capture at the same time. I have two daughters and my wife is HK Chinese so with such beauty, as you can imagine, I spend many hours just sitting with a camera waiting for 'the moment'.

The main point for me is that you capture some lovely expressions and the focus/DOF on a couple of the shots is superb.

Downsides? On my monitor it seems like to try to capture the eyes you are blowing some highlights - you could give more 'pop' by using USM to increase contrast without needing to raise the EV.

What cam/lens/exposure is going on here? Just interested to know.

3. What a QT and no wonder she is the apple of her daddy's eye. Nice images of a darling girl.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    She is absolutely darling....I remember my little sister at that age (she was 18 months when my mom and dad adopted her from Wuhan, China). She was adorable and has only gotten cuter....

I love the first shot in the bath....what a head of hair! Thanks for sharing.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    What a sweetie. Gorgeous images. They look good.

There are always things you can do in Photoshop. But why on these.

6. Nice set of photo's You have very cute and adorable girl. Great color and sharpness. Thanks for sharing are children not good subjects to photograph.

Greetings,
    VinceBeus

7. gilbert

gilbert

May 6, 2005
    So. CA
    Thanks for the critique and suggestions, Peter. I generally expose for the face and let the rest of the exposure fall where they may, including blowing out the highlights.

All were taken with the D70 using either a 50mm f/1.4 (#1, 2, 4, 5) or 28-70mm f/2.8 (#3).

I appreciate the comments.