Apple Pie, anyone?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lurker, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    I'm not going to bother to write down the entire recipe if there's a good version online. Don't sell yourself short with canned apple pie filling; it will not be the same.

[​IMG]

2. My favorite dessert. 2nd favorite is Apple Pie ala mode. :biggrin:

3. Oh man that looks great, my keyboard is soaked:smile:

4. My grandson is taking my wife and I apple picking and then we are going to try your recipe with fresh apples.

Les

5. Looks yummy, I saved the recipe for my wife.

6. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Start with a little bit less butter - you can always add more later. The dough has to be very sturdy and it should take you a lot of effort to get it into the right consistency (elastic, not crumbling).
    If you get a nice, soft ball within 5 minutes of kneading then you know you've used too much butter - a clear sign for this is when the dough is "sweating" - you don't want that to happen. Add some flour in that case.

Do not taste the dough - it tastes way too good. You'll end up eating large chunks of it and then you'll be sick as a dog. Been there, done that. Instead, take the advice of the recipe: slap the leftovers on some tinfoil and put some apple stuffing on it - you can take it out of the oven after about 30 to 40 minutes. The nice thing is that you'll know in advance how the pie is going to taste! :smile:

7. Nice looking pie!!! I live right down the hill from a local apple community, and right now, we are getting some of the best apples for pie! Once you go real, you'll never want apple filling again! :smile:

8. Tosh

Tosh

May 6, 2005
    NY
    I actually just baked one this morning.
    I'm hoping there's still a piece left for my midnight web browsing. :smile:

9. H-m-m, home made apple pie - good a la mode, good with a slice of sharp cheddar on top, good topped with whipped cream and especially good drowned in hot English custard!

10. brooksro

brooksro

Dec 29, 2007
    USA, California
    Don't bother with the recipe, just send the pie.

11. AllenOwen

AllenOwen

Aug 14, 2008
    Houston,TX
    I'm not a pie guy, but that looks good!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.