Apple releases iOS 14.3, bringing its new ProRAW format to its iPhone 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max smartphones

I will have to check this out. Only recently upgraded from a 7 to 12 Pro Max. I have had the phone for a couple of weeks and yet to take one photo with it. :) I upgraded my Apple watch at the same time.

I will have to check this out. Only recently upgraded from a 7 to 12 Pro Max. I have had the phone for a couple of weeks and yet to take one photo with it. :) I upgraded my Apple watch at the same time.
You really need to then! :cool:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
As much as I have read and heard, it's something between the classical RAW as we know it and a better JPG.
It is processed by the phone already...

Kind regards
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Format is DNG which allows for additional "out of phone" processing for "when you get home".....:cigar:
Sure Panther,
but it seems not that pure DNG (RAW) as we know it. I mean the data directly from the sensor.

Please let me know, when I'm wrong.
Klaus

Sure Panther,
but it seems not that pure DNG (RAW) as we know it. I mean the data directly from the sensor.

Please let me know, when I'm wrong.
Klaus
I read somewhere that standard RAW straight from sensor is very grainy so ProRAW is a processed format to make the image more useable. The advantage of ProRAW is better dynamic range.

I went for a wander last night to check out the neighbours Christmas Lights.

I took the phone along and fired off a few images. What I have found so far, RAW is off when the camera is opened, touching the RAW button enables it. IBIS looks like it works fine in low light. I can view the images I took on the phone, I can email them, post them on social media, etc., but cannot open the files when I plug the phone into my work Windows computer. The files sent from the phone are JPEG, however viewing the files on the phone, or tablet, etc., they have a RAW watermark on the screen

Over the weekend I will download them to my photo editing computer and see if LR can open them.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom