Apple service

Recently, I have been having an issue with my Mac Pro freezing. In additional, I have been seeing random lines appear on my monitor, and an occasional completely black screen. On-line research implicated the Radeon 1900XT video card, so I finally decided to contact Apple Support (my Applecare expires in about 3 months).

I filled out the form on the Support website and clicked the option to have an Apple Service person call immediately. My phone rang less than 10 seconds later. After a few minutes on the phone, Mike (the Apple guy) agreed that the video card was a strong suspect and asked me whether I would like to have the local Apple Store order and replace the card, or whether I prefer to have the replacement card sent to me for DIY installation. I chose the latter for convenience and received e-mail confirmation a few minutes later.

That was 3 pm on the 28th. At 8:50 am on the 29th, Fedex delivered the new video card.

I have yet to install it and verify that the problem is resolved, but what service!!

I've never had Mac service, but I have had two iPhone's replaced at the genius bar. Walk in, dude looks over the phone for 4 minutes, gets a replacement out of the cabinet, and I'm out of there in less time than it takes to look at all of the shiny new toys for sale. Great service.

Apple store UK good too. Ordered a refurb iMac at 2.30pm one day. It was up and running in my office by 12.30pm next day.

Just as an update, the new video card has ben in for a couple of days, and so far, no freezes or odd lines on screen. Hopefully, it has done the trick. Yes, Applecare was extra, but it just paid for itself :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom