Apple Watches Looking Pretty Good

Yes, I went from the Series 0 (the original first-generation) to the Series 3 and am mulling over whether I will want to move onward and upward this next time around again..... Congratulations on your new Apple Watch Series 4!
You're facing the same decision I did. Wait for the 4's to go on the big discount when the 5 is released in September - or get the 4 now at a smaller discount. But since you already have the 3, really doesn't make that much sense to get the 4 - I'd recommend skipping at least 1 generation and get a 5 or 6 next year....

I have Apple for desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. I bought the original Apple Watch but could not get into it. I like fitbit’s much more for activity tracking (largely due to their app) and Garmin for running. I would like to use Apple but the experience is just not there for me.

I have Apple for desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. I bought the original Apple Watch but could not get into it. I like fitbit’s much more for activity tracking (largely due to their app) and Garmin for running. I would like to use Apple but the experience is just not there for me.
Curious...what more do you want? It already tracks steps, miles, and flights by default. It can auto-activate workout modes and all of this is instantly available through a complication on many watch faces without having to open the watch.

Curious...what more do you want? It already tracks steps, miles, and flights by default. It can auto-activate workout modes and all of this is instantly available through a complication on many watch faces without having to open the watch.
It is not so much the watches as the apps and web based dashboard. Here is what I see for today on the Fitbit website. I like this. I wish Apple and Fitbit would let me export into this the Fitbit website.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Garmin is similar. The app and website show all sorts of information easily. Tabs let me selection by chart or text form. -

Also, Fitbit allows monthly export into excel format so I can keep a spreadsheet to see progress (or lack of.)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I’ve enjoyed mine a lot. I got a series 3 stainless for the harder crystal. After over a year and a half, I awoke a few weeks ago, put the watch on, and the entire face just fell off. I got on Apple chat service (after doing a quick google search), and explained to them My watch’s battery had swollen. I had no idea that was even a thing until it happened. The new t day I received a box to return the watch in. I sent it out that afternoon, and got a tracking notice the next morning that Apple was sending a package.
I was astonished to receive a new series 4 stainless watch the next day!! They sent an updated replacement as soon as they confirmed my package had shipped. I was out a watch for a mere three days, and got a newer replacement! I’ve since learned that they usually replace the 3 with a 4 because of repeat battery issues. Needless to say, I’m a happy camper!

Yeah, apparently there were two or three class action lawsuits regarding the battery issue. Regardless, if the crystal on the 3 pops off, Apple will replace it.
The battery life on the 4 is MUCH improved over the 3.

And what is that if you don't mind me asking.
Mike,

A number of things (some of which I'm aware are also available on some other devices such as FitBit, as an example). FWIW, I only have the GPS model, not Cellular+GPS

1. Nice digital watch that I can put an analog face with second hand. (Good)
2. Excellent integration into the Apple ecosystem: ECG, exercise and cardio apps are very good.
3. Good integration with some of my activity apps (not so good on others).
4. Walking navigation via haptic touch is not too bad...taking some time to get used to it.
5. Technological longevity is pretty good. My wife has a version 0, it's still going strong.
6. Very good battery life. Two days before charging.

It doesn't sync well with Strava unfortunately.

I am on my second iWatch. I got the 4 because of the fall detection. And it works very well. When I lifted my dog out of the car and put him on the ground, the watch immediately detected I had fallen!!!😁 I love it for the health Apps and the fact that I now have a **** Tracy watch that will call and answer phone calls. Neat!!

Three biggest pluses for me with a watch:
1. Apple Pay is much easier and quicker on my watch than pulling a phone out
2. Texting - see messages at a glance, quick replies, and voice to text. I hate taking my phone in and out of my pocket just to respond to people.
3. Apple Wallet/Boarding passes - I don't even bring my phone out at the airport. Scan watch, continue on jetway. Same for places like chick fil A or others that scan passes/barcodes.

Mike,

A number of things (some of which I'm aware are also available on some other devices such as FitBit, as an example). FWIW, I only have the GPS model, not Cellular+GPS

1. Nice digital watch that I can put an analog face with second hand. (Good)
2. Excellent integration into the Apple ecosystem: ECG, exercise and cardio apps are very good.
3. Good integration with some of my activity apps (not so good on others).
4. Walking navigation via haptic touch is not too bad...taking some time to get used to it.
5. Technological longevity is pretty good. My wife has a version 0, it's still going strong.
6. Very good battery life. Two days before charging.

It doesn't sync well with Strava unfortunately.

Thanks Mark. I don't wear a watch so I haven't paid much attention to the Apple watches. Reading this thread makes me want to have a closer look.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom