Aprils`s fool? First damsel? In Finland???

You should see me smiling :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

The pics are not that great but the first is the first.

So, here she is (Sympecma paedisca):

010407-0020-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

010407-0017-c1.jpg

010407-0028-1.jpg

010407-0031-1.jpg

010407-0032-c1.jpg

...and one Nymphalis urticae with peaceful background :smile:
010407-0037.jpg

ok who cares if its aprils fools or not.. you are setting the bar high already for damsel and dragonfly shot for this year..... great job.. as aways..

ok who cares if its aprils fools or not.. you are setting the bar high already for damsel and dragonfly shot for this year..... great job.. as aways..

Thanks Tim!

I was very surprised when I heard these are all ready out there about a week ago. I saw one back then but wasn´t able to photograph it. Yesterday we got lucky with this one as she let us to take some pics. We saw three of these. They are very early this year, about a month earlier than previous two years... Ofcourse I´m not complaining about that :smile: ...

But it´s still a month, probably more until other species starting to appear...
Spring arrived here very early!

Hej Jukka

A very nice start with your new cam. I don't remember having seen this damselfly. I have not seen any this year yet but if it continues with the warmer weather it won't be long.

I take it that you used tripod for these shots. What lens did you use? The exif says 210mm.

Hej Jukka

A very nice start with your new cam. I don't remember having seen this damselfly. I have not seen any this year yet but if it continues with the warmer weather it won't be long.

I take it that you used tripod for these shots. What lens did you use? The exif says 210mm.

Tak, Torben!

Yep, we got an early start... Last week we got all time highest temperature for March.

Yes, I used a tripod and the lens was Sigma 150mm + Sigma 1.4x tc. I´m not that thrilled with those shots (except that they are first ones), so I need to check that combo, how it really works... atleast now I don´t have any exposure problems like I had Sigma 150 + Kenko 1.4 (underexposure, a lot)...

Latest threads

Top Bottom