Aquarium photography

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Argent, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Looks good to me. I miss more fish. :smile: Mind sharing details of your technique?

2. all the shots were done with my D50 using my 70-300 and 6T macro. The first three were shot with a light box over the tank slaved to my flash circuit. The next 2 and the clarkii clownfish were shot just using my SB-600 flash. And the other three were shot with just my tripod and a long shutter speed under the stock tank lights.

These were more exercises in composition than anything else. Using the rule of thirds along with the Golden Triangle to make more dramatic and visually pleasing shots.

3. Thanks. Must try it one day. My kids have two golden fishes in a tank but I never thought of photographing it.

4. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    What does this look like, MR.com? :smile:

5. Very pretty! Good colours and macro work.
    I like #4 and #5 best, I think the point of focus is a little too far back in some of the others.

Alan