Arab Israeli Peace session...

Our high school ran a program on Arab Israeli Peace initiatives, and I brought along my 50 f/1.4 and D700. When this gentleman got up to speak, I just had to capture the image. 1/80 at 1.4 and iso 1250.

1063735225_NEBT7-X3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
Nicely done in every way, sharpness, dof and particularly composition.
This might benefit from a try at fixing the WB and/or a conversion to BW to see what looks the best.

The only nit is that the sweater wrapping the girl's head in front of the main subject might be lightened a bit so it isn't just this dark blot.
That being said, very nice shot.

Lew

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
I'm really surprised when poor and marginal 'pj' shots get lots of comments and really good shots like this get essentially ignored.

Nicely done. Considering the location and subject matter, the color cast ads to the drama and mood of the image. I would also like to see a black and white version. Jerry

I'm really surprised when poor and marginal 'pj' shots get lots of comments and really good shots like this get essentially ignored.

I agree that some photos in this part of the forum clearly don't belong in the photojournalism category and that the term is used a bit loosely but that's why there's also the Candids and Street Photography categories, though it's arguable that some fit nowhere. :wink:

Yet, as good as this particular photo may or may not technically be, photojournalistically-wise it doesn't really mean or tell anything. Without a caption/title you wouldn't even know what it was about; just a random man talking to who knows who in a rather empty auditorium.

Real Name
Lewis Lorton
I agree that some photos in this part of the forum clearly don't belong in the photojournalism category and that the term is used a bit loosely but that's why there's also the Candids and Street Photography categories, though it's arguable that some fit nowhere. :wink:

Yet, as good as this particular photo may or may not technically be, photojournalistically-wise it doesn't really mean or tell anything. Without a caption/title you wouldn't even know what it was about; just a random man talking to who knows who in a rather empty auditorium.

It was my fault for speaking loosely. Let me say it in a slightly different way.

I find it surprising that many pictures posted in the "Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography" that are total crap get lots of attaboys while a nicely composed, sharp, well-done shot like this gets little attention.

I find it surprising that many pictures posted in the "Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography" that are total crap get lots of attaboys while a nicely composed, sharp, well-done shot like this gets little attention.

I won't disagree with that. :wink:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom