Arabians doing Dressage

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Steve S, Aug 28, 2005.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    An uncluttered bg was all but impossible to find in the show arena, only the warmup pen had some decent clean angles at times. All shot with D2X/70-200 VR on a monopod. Comments?
    original.
    Focal Length 150 mm
    Exposure Time 1/1250 sec
    Aperture f/4
    ISO Equivalent 100
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    Exposure Program aperture priority
    View attachment 14598
    Focal Length 160 mm
    Exposure Time 1/1250 sec
    Aperture f/4
    ISO Equivalent 125
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    Exposure Program aperture priority

2. Beautiful animals and photography here, Steve! You've got to be proud of these captures!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

3. Hi Steve,

I agree with Virginia, very nice images, crisp, clean, and oh so sharp.

I have been wanting to get out to some of the local stables to shoot. I love horses in the sun. They make for really nice pictures.

I like #1 the best.

Thanks for sharing.

4. The first shot is killer Steve, very sharp great colors an nice comp you should be proud

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks Virginia, Ty & Mike,

Guess I should'a spend most of my time over at the warmup pen, instead of the show ring. In going through my folder full of shots, there's just so very few decent shots from the show ring. Should'a taken more ppl pics too. Live and learn I guess!

6. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Steve that first one is an eye catcher great timing,distracting background on the second
    How is the A4RS doing?

7. The first image is a killer. The colors are wonderful, sharpness great and composition excellent. Interesting that both the horse and the girl have the same expression, all business. I'll bet she would love to get her hands on a print of that image.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thanks for the comments Hans. I wish my Audi was an RS4, but it's only a lowly S4 Avant.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You know what, I took some others of her and her friend, while her mother also took some snaps with her P&S, but I never went over there to talk to her. Wished I would've now. Thanks for commenting.

10. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Arabs and Dressage---- Beauty and Art all in one post
    Good work.

11. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Congratulations Steve on two beautiful captures. The low sun creates some excellant casts on the horse which accents the musculature. Very nicely done.

12. Simply one word.............Beautiful!!!

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Thnx folks, these horses are SO pampered

You would not believe the preparation that goes into these horses just before a show. I'm not even addressing the training, but the bathing, clipping, and the general buffing and oiling, and shining of every little part of their body. Finally, they're sprayed with this fly repellant stuff that REALLY makes em glossy. It's several hrs of prep for each horse. Not only that, but they get a bath between competitions too!! That's why they look so darn shiny!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2005
  14. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Steve as I remember it you've tuned that S4 avant a "little"
    Probaly as fast as a RS......

Anyway it's a great machine you've got ,checked prices on Forbes the other day seem to be cheaper in the US than the EU