1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Arachnephobia

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by MidnightOil, Sep 22, 2008.

1. I processed this photo using the same workflow used on the cars. Just to see what the result would be. What do you think?

2878460172_fcf5d9d130_o.
    Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XSi    ---    123mm    f/5.6    1/125s    ISO 250

Oh! The little lady a 6 inch Banana Spider that has made a home in our garden. My wife calls her “Charlotte”, I have a few other names for her.

I’m told they are similar to the garden spider. They have a toxin that is a neuro-toxin, but nothing like a black widow has. Most people who get bitten by them just get some redness and pain where the bite mark is and it will go away in a couple of days. Of course the normal size is about 2 or 3 inches and did I mention I’m the person that usually gets bitten!

LOL
    Fred B

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30191944@N04/

2. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    6"? :eek:  I hate spiders. Nice shot though, for a spider.

3. That's huge! I remember seeing them in Louisiana, but never bigger than about 4 inches.
    People there told me their bite only caused pain and that you might have to visit a hospital. However, the article on Wikipedia says that their venom is deadly to humans.:eek: 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_spider

4. Thank You

Brenda I'm not fond of them either!

Frank - I don't believe the article is correct. The North American Banana Spider is not aggressive and would almost have to be squeezed in your hand before it bites, be sure though after that there would be hell to pay for a few days, but only in pain and swelling.

On-the-other-hand there’s the South American Banana Spider who’s bite is almost always fatal if not treated quickly. (I think they may have mixed up, but I'm not going to test it.)

So watch those bananas!

LOL

5. AISBLE

AISBLE

Nov 29, 2006
    RI
    I really don't like spiders.....always give me the willies!.........but they do make for some fun macro shots!........

I was told this little guy I found on my shed was a fishing spider but never really found out for sure.

origianl.

Hope you don't mind me adding the picture....if it bothers u let me know and I'll remove it.
    Tony

6. Thanx for looking!

Tony don't mind at all!

Fred B

7. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    I don't usually mind spiders, but 6 inches, that's a big spidey!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.