Arby geebees and Cardinals from this afternoon

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Glacier, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Glacier

Glacier

Jan 17, 2006
    Boaz, Alabama
    Spent all morning and most of the afternoon at the golf course with my son then put in a little time in my backyard blind late this evening. I couldn't ask for a better day. Hope you enjoy these.

I underexposed the bright background by 2/3rds of a stop and used fill flash set at minus 1 for this image.
    [​IMG]

The light was filtering through the trees here so I brought the darker background up and used fill flash at minus 1-1/3 to help make it pop a little more.
    [​IMG]

All natural lighting in this one. I removed a branch behind the birds head with the patch tool and a little cloning.
    [​IMG]

I just thought he looked pretty with the bright background so I made the best of it. The background is underexposed by a full stop and fill flash was set at minus 2/3rds.
    [​IMG]

2. Baxter

Baxter

Jan 8, 2007
    Clemson, SC
    Very nice work Andy.

3. You seem to make every shot a work of art!!! Very nice series Andy

You have real talent!!!

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Andy,

These are as good as it gets. I had three male RBG's in the back yard late last week, but only saw one this entire weekend and only for a few minutes. I do have a bunch of females as a consolation prize. None as good as these though. Extremely well done. :smile: