Arca Swiss compatible lens foot for 200mm f/2

Hi guys, i hope we are all well & bearing up under the current conditions..

So, i'm after (hopefully) a replacent lens foot for my 200 f/2. i know there are fairly universal plates out there from all the usual suspects which will work if needs be but i would really like a replacement foot.
Main reason is because when not in use the hood is reversed over the body & existing foot & using a generic plate would make this impossible 🙄 Ideally i'd like to not have to use allen keys every time i get the lens out :whistle:
So basically i'd like to find an arca swiss compatible, hood friendly foot..

i have had a google & can only find multitudes of secondary plates...

Thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've also found a Wimberley version as well.

Nothing from any of these brands in UK though :(

There is an American chap called Hejnar who makes Lens feet.
I bought one for a Nikon 300mm PF for Arca Swiss compatibility!
Sorry can’t give better info!

Last edited:
I bought a Hejnar foot for my 500PF and the next week ordered a low version for my 200mm f/2 (hood fits right over it!) and another for my 300mm f/2.8. Very happy with all 3.
-Jay-

There are no thumbscrews on any of the 3 feet I received.
The 500 slides onto a dovetail on the lens collar, and is retained by a perpendicular allen head screw, so there is no thumbscrew that might inadvertently loosen.
The 200mm and 300mm feet are each mounted by 4 allen head screws that replace the ones holding the Nikon stock foot.
IIRC the 200 foot lacks a boss that would engage in a recess in the collar but it seems pretty bullet proof when mounted.
Oh, and his prices are quite inexpensive. I was going to machine my own but at these prices I'd loose $. These are not cast aluminum but IIRC 6061 T6 CNC machined bits.

I went to Hejnar's website thinking that perhaps the 300PF foot would have a different configuration and include a thumbscrew, but I did not turn up that model.

Will's solution from Sunwayfoto looks less expensive. Several years ago I followed his advise to get a Bushmaster and I'm very happy with that rifle stock, it has made a huge difference in my wildlife shooting.
Thanks Will!

I have had some troublesome Chinese products like improperly annealed allen wrenches that were as brittle as glass so I am glad I bought American in this case.

Vico, if memory serves me well the thumb screw on the Nikon and Hejnar were similar!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The Nikon version priced at £199. The Hejnar version was similar

Last edited:
Hmmm, I meant to say Bushhawk in my last message! Quarantine must be getting to me.

I was talking about just a foot replacement, a piece that attaches to the rotating collar and provides an Arca Swiss interface, and not a replacement rotating collar. Mystery solved!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom