Arches but not in Arches NP

Someone asked I post some photos of the Moab UT area. So, these are arches not commonly viewed by tourists (other than Corona Arch) and are outside of Arches National Park.

Pritchett Arch (Need a high clearance 4x4 to get to the trail and then about a 1.5 mile hike up a slick rock cliff.)
_D302779_1730_D302779a.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Picture Frame Arch (Recommend a 4x4, but a high clearance 2-wheel should make it)
_D302762_1713_D302762.jpg

Corona Arch (Paved road to trail, nice hike with a bit of climbing. Been famous the last year for people swinging off the arch. A few weeks ago, someone died swinging.)
AOLcoronaarch.jpg

Paul Bunyon's Potty (I did not name it, i just took the photo) (Requires a Canyonlands Access permit for the day. Need a serious 4x4, plenty of water and food - for those just in case problems - very desolate a good chance of coming upon a midget-faded rattlesnake.)
PaulBunyonsPotty_4000DPI_zps4dc0bd3a.jpg

Very nice to see these arches, I've only been to the "touristy" ones.

Very nice Arches and wonderful images. I found Moab and the surrounding area to be fascinating. I'd love to spend a good amount of time there. So many trails to hike and photos to take. (Some good horseback riding in the area too).

Real Name
Dan
These are all interesting formations as good or better than those in the park. Thanks for posting.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom