Arches National Park, Day 1

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by F15Todd, Apr 20, 2007.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    I arrived in Moab, Utah just after 4:00 pm, beating Mapquest’s estimated time by 20 minutes. After the eight hour drive I checked in to my hotel room and set off for Arches National Park, located just two miles outside of Moab. In the park I first went to the state of the art visitors center and then up the winding road. I did the two-mile out-and-back hike of the Park Avenue Trail. Later in the afternoon, I had some very nice light falling on Park Avenue and The Organ. The Three Gossips are also there, but the light was all wrong that late in the day. I have a plan to start out the next day at La Sal Mountains viewpoint or Courthouse Towers viewpoint and try to get the sun coming up on the Three Gossips. I spent the rest of my time in the park that night doing a quick scouting drive.

Pictures from my Park Avenue Trail hike. "This easy trail follows a canyon bottom offering a close-up view of massive fins and monoliths."

original.

original.

original.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very beautiful Todd:>)))))

3. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Todd,
    Your pictures are wonderful. Very nicely done. I was recently in Moab. For sunrise shots you may want to try Turret View either from the trail or through the North Window Arch. Also, try Dead Horse Canyon at sunrise. It is magnificent. Finally, Mesa Arch in Canyonlands at sunrise is one of the best sunrise pictures you can get. Have a great time.
    Mike

4. You did a great job with these. Nicely done. :)

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Beautiful Todd.

6. very nice work Todd

7. In picture #1 on the far right of the rock, is that a drawing or etching in the rock?
    Quite enjoyable pictures. Had never seen anything like these...