Arches National Park, Day 3

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by F15Todd, Apr 25, 2007.

1. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Day 1 Link
    Day 2 Link
    Day 3. It would be hard to script nicer weather. I first stopped off at La Sal Mountains Viewpoint and got some nice shots of the Three Gossips and The Oran. I drove about a mile down the road to Courthouse Towers Viewpoint to get a little different view of the Three Gossips. I then headed down toe road the leads to the Windows, but only went a few hundred yards down the road to get a sunlight view of Balanced Rock with the 70-200mm. Then it was off to fix a goof from the day before…I was off to Delicate Arch Upper Viewpoint, this time with the 28-70mm and 70-200mm, much better then the day before with just the 12-24mm. From the upper viewpoint you can get a close and different view from a trail just to the right of the viewpoint. I backtracked to Wolfe Ranch to hike the 1.5miles to Delicate Arch, but the lot was full, so I retraced my steps and did Sand Dune Arch and Broken Arch since I had sun today. I did add a trop to Skyline Arch, and then headed back down to Wolfe Ranch. After a one-way climb of 1.5 miles and 480 foot elevation gain, I was at Delicate Arch. Awesome is all I can say. I would like to go back tomorrow night and get it at sunset. I’m going to start my day doing Devils Garden. I think it’s about a seven mile out-and-back hike going by eight different arches, but now it’s time to watch Deadliest Catch.

original.

original.

[​IMG]

original.

original.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. Wow! These are incredible Todd! The colors just pop out at you and all sharp as a tack. These are some wallhangers for sure.

3. krispee

krispee

Apr 10, 2007
    UK
    agreed, beautiful images, stunning colours....4th is my fav......but all lovely photos...
    could you tell me more about the settings you used to capture these, i`m a newbie to landscapes [relatively speaking] love to learn more?

kris

4. brianw

brianw

Feb 25, 2007
    Bo'ness, Scotland
    Stunning photos is all I can say,Anyone of them ide put on my wall.Well done:cool:
    Regards,,,Brian

5. wbeem

wbeem

Feb 11, 2007
    Sanford, FL
    William Beem
    Outstanding. I'll have to make time for it on my next trip out to southern Utah - when the cool weather returns.

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Todd

7. bruceh4

bruceh4

Jan 16, 2006
    Loudon, TN
    Really great looking pictures.

8. Beautiful shots Todd. Makes me want to get back down there. It's so close I don't know why I don't go more often. Thanks for posting these.

9. Amazing work. Perfect exposures IMO.

10. WOW! We were there 2 yrs ago and had a wonderful time! Beautiful photos and beautiful memories! :biggrin: