Architecture with the PC-85

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Gilles, Jul 27, 2005.

1. The only problem is that you have to have room to take the pictures from far away.

Details in the roof of an old monastery.

[​IMG]

Old church and house.

[​IMG]

2. Wonderful imagery Gilles. Thank you for sharing.

I purchased a used 28mm PC Nikkor lens a few weeks ago. It is in pristine condition, but I cannot easily remove it from my D70. Although it is an F mount lens, I do not think it was designed for use with the D70. I might be mistaken. Anyway, I became concerned and have not used it since. I might reconsider acquiring the 85mm PC lens in the future.

3. Gilles, that 1st shot is fantastic. Great detail! The pattern is very interesting, too. What is the roof made of, tin? I've never seen anything like it before.

4. Crystall the PC-85 is very nice but you have to stand very far to take a picture of a building compare to the PC-28, if you look at the first picture in order to get the shot I had to back up in a park in front of the building you can see buy the leaves in the top and the branches on the sides.

Kevin I think it's made out of tin, if you look at the second picture, the house roof in front of the church has the same pattern, I guess they were made by the same peoples. There's some more old houses but the sun don't reach them as early.

5. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

6. Paul i dont have the PC-28, but one advantage i guess of the PC-85 is that you have to stand a lot farther away to take the shot meaning that you should have a lot less distortion in the building compare to a wide angle, but distortion can be creative too if use wisely.