Are mountain laurels blooming near grandfather mountain

Real Name
Randy
I think you missed Laurel by a couple of months. Here's the wildflower calendar for Grandfather Mountain: http://www.grandfather.com/foundation/wildflowers/bloom_calendar_jun-jul.php#july

maybe I shoulda said Rhododendrons
I may have missed them by a few weeks (or not) but no way a few months

hopefully someone lives near grandfathers mtn and knows for sure
there's a really nice lake on the parkway a few miles from GF mtn with a nice trail around the lake and the place is thick with them

That's Price Lake, in the Julian Price Park. Rhododendrons bloom in June. Grandfather Mtn's Rhododendron festival was in June, as was the one on Roan Mtn. There might be some late bloomers around, though. And a trip to the mountains is always worth the time. There'll be something in bloom, I'm sure.

Real Name
Randy
That's Price Lake, in the Julian Price Park. Rhododendrons bloom in June. Grandfather Mtn's Rhododendron festival was in June, as was the one on Roan Mtn. There might be some late bloomers around, though. And a trip to the mountains is always worth the time. There'll be something in bloom, I'm sure.

thx
that is a great lake to hike around, thx for the info, i might drive up monday w/ my dog, clt will be hot again by monday

Latest threads

Top Bottom