Are my prices fair?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bep207, Jun 4, 2007.

1. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    Please look at my photoreflect page and let me know if you think my prices are fair for prints. fyi, Photoreflect takes 18% off the top.

http://blakepeterson.photoreflect.com
    View the Pierce-Sears Wedding gallery.

I am printing through mpix.

Thanks
    Blake

2. Just looking at the basic prints like 4x6, 5x7, 8x10, etc, and knowing what photographers around my area charge, it looks a bit low.

3. The prices look ok for the larger prints. The smaller ones could go up a fair amount. The drop down menu that lists prices has no ryhme nor reason to it, it is a bit confusing to look through. If you can you should arrange it in order by size and perhaps by paper (cavas etc.)

You also might try to place a "WOW" shot at the top of each page in the gallery. I don't know how much control of that you have with photoreflect, but it's something I do with mine and it seems to help sales.

P.S. if you happen to look at my wedding gallerys as comparison please note that they were shot for my family members and priced accordingly (i.e. really low).

4. Hey I just checked out your official website. I like it a whole lot more than the photoreflect site. I gather that you cannot sell directly from your main site? That's too bad, because the main site is good.

5. bep207

bep207

Nov 27, 2006
    Columbia, MO
    i would really like to be able to set up some sort of shopping cart function through my regular site, but do not know how. any ideas?

yeah photoreflect stinks as far as customization. great ideas, but I cant really do much as far as putting the images where I want them.

And the drop down list seems completely random. i cant change that either

my prices here are low. my two weddings which I am selling prints are for members of my soon-to-be family

thanks for the comments
    blake

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    have you looked into smugmug?

here's mine;
    www.knippixels.com

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005