Are these worthy?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gho, Jul 22, 2005.

1. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Or are they simply snapshots? I dunno, I like them (but I'm biased).

In fact I like the way these came out better than the pics in the "wedding shoot." My big gripe is the infinate DOF. Whatdyall think? Help me out here. For now, they're not in my galleries.

My youngest "Sissy" shot with a T7 (a prime example of a shot that I could never capture with my DSLR, mainly cuz I didn't have it with me at the time):

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    They're great Greg! I see you've finally pryed the T7 out of Ximina's hands.. ;) I've been wanting one of those since playing with your's, but I may settle for the T1 or even Nikon's s1 (or I'd also like the water resistant S2.)

Problem is there is always something that demands my money more than another camera. Your examples do help convince me though!

3. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks Chris, I think the T7 is much better image quality wise than the T1 - there's less noise, goes down to ISO 64 (vs 100 on the T1), and the colors are clearer, more vivid and more accurate (the T1 has a bit of a yellow cast).

I looked at the S1/S2 before getting the T7, and I didn't like the way the pics came out on those models. The corners are very soft, with a nice sharp center. The T7 is pretty sharp across the board. The S1 also exhibited some vignetting.

The T7 also sports Zeiss optics, and that's tough to beat.

The T7 also supports a full 30fps movie mode at 640x480, while the S1 only does 15fps, and the S1's screen is not as clear and sharp as the T7
    For me, the corners are pretty important, as I almost never zoom (too lazy cuz it takes too long with that power zoom thing).

4. Gregory both of them are nice, sharp, contrasty and the color are wonderful.

5. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Thanks for your input! But would you stick them in your galleries if you'd taken them? The infinate DOF really bothers me, and I think makes them look like snapshots.

Whatddyall think? Do they look like snapshots?

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think they are as sharp as a tack and colors are beautiful Nice little cam..

If the backgrounds REALLY bother you , you know how to fix that in PS..

She is getting big now.

Which camera does she want. lolol

7. Take my opinion for what it's worth, since I'm pretty new to photography! I think the first one is gallery worthy...it almost looks posed, and it's a beautiful shot. The background on that one is very nice (aside from that one car, but you can probably do something with that!). The shot looks balanced to me, and the colors and contrast are gorgeous.

The second looks more like a snapshot to me and not something I would put in my gallery (if I had such a thing, LOL!) There's a lot of distracting background there, and one of her feet appears cut off by the framing...not as well balanced as the other.

Just my 2 cents from a newbie! A simply gorgeous little girl, by the way!

8. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Well, yeah, I know how to fix the background in PS, but it never looks right. I'm just concerned that it may look snapshotish.

As to how much it bothers me, I'm not quite sure. I'm trying to overcome my OCPD and post even flawed pics - all of my pics are flawed. Really, I wouldn't have anything at all in my galleries, as I don't think any of them are good enough, and I'm really quite embarassed by the poor quality of them.

That's why I keep asking for honest opinions - I have trouble judging photos and which flaws are ones that I should weigh more than others, and which ones I can let slide.

For me, its a simple cut and dry issue - if the my photo is flawed (not perfect in every aspect), I don't like it and it sucks. If it's perfect, well, then it's good. It sure doesn't help coming here and seeing so many perfect photos being posted all the time. I get a little discouraged sometimes.

Oops, am I rambling? Okay... Yeah, Sissi (I'm spelling it with an 'i' now instead of a 'y' cuz I've been told that sissi in Hebrew means "rejoice"), she's getting big. Funny thing is that she eats like half as much as Ximina, yet Ximina is skinny, and Sissi is nice and plump.

As for photography, she shows no interest in it at all. Well, you can't win 'em all, can ya? ;)

9. gho

gho

Feb 7, 2005
    California
    Actually, I agree with you. I liked the first one a bit better, but I liked how she had her arms out on the second one. But yes. In the first one the background is not quite as busy. The second one the background is too much of a focal point (ack, pun). The people walking out of Sissi's head is also pretty distracting.

Thanks for your input, it helps quite a bit and points me in the right direction.