Are you Flashing Me

B

bfjr

Last few days brought Gray mornings & afternoons, Yuckkk !! Oh well instead of Jonesing about looking thru my viewfinder, got out the flash & BB and bagged these :wink:

36570928-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

37191554-L.jpg

37191659-L.jpg

37301155-L.jpg

36757235-L.jpg

That is a very nice series.

I think the BB does a great job in poor light conditions.

I have used to take pictures of deer from my porch at night. The deer were about 60 feet away.

Russ

Nice series Ben, looks like you are getting acclimatized with the BB, have yet to pull mine out, you might have given me zee push! great job

Hi Ben

These are nice shots but I personally hate flashes...I can tell them in an instance, however, there are times where they help.

Personally, gray skies are my kind of shooting days for birds that aren't flying. Soft light does an incredibly better job than either flash or full sun at bringing out the true subtle colors of things...

B

bfjr

Russ Smith said:
That is a very nice series.

I think the BB does a great job in poor light conditions.

I have used to take pictures of deer from my porch at night. The deer were about 60 feet away.

Russ

thanks Russ
got some to show, let's see

B

bfjr

Keith said:
Nice series Ben, looks like you are getting acclimatized with the BB, have yet to pull mine out, you might have given me zee push! great job

Yeah give it a try Keith
I find that a light touch of and light works pretty good

B

bfjr

jfenton said:
These are nice shots but I personally hate flashes...I can tell them in an instance, however, there are times where they help.

Personally, gray skies are my kind of shooting days for birds that aren't flying. Soft light does an incredibly better job than either flash or full sun at bringing out the true subtle colors of things...

Hey Jeff
Appreciate that and normally agree 100%. these were gray skies right down to the water!! So I do think a little flash helped big time. Do you think I used to much flash, can always turn it down more when needed?

B

bfjr

dmwphoto said:
number 3 and 4 are exquisite., all are nice. what the heck is a bb?

Hey Dave
thanks and BB (Better Beamer). Attaches to front of flash, uses a fresnel/magnifying glass (plastic) to extend the reach of flash.

Cool little piece of gear :smile:

B

bfjr

greyflash said:
What great light on all of these shots. The Egret is really nice but then so are all the others.

Evening Gordon
hope this reply finds you well
and thank you

Latest threads

Top Bottom