Are you looking at me?............

Discussion in 'Birds' started by DAVE VAN, Aug 30, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Saturday night I went with David and his Boy Scout Troop on an outing to the "CowTown Rodeo" in Wrightstown, NJ. We went last year also and everybody had a great time. It's amazing that this place exists in New Jersey. You would honestly think that you were in a western state. Every body in the stands is in full western attire. The Rodeo participants are amazing! There is no way that I would ever win enough prize money to ride one of these bulls! There was at least one serious injury as a rider was pinned under a bronc while in the shoot. It took quite awhile to remove him from under the horse. This is a shot of one particularly agressive bull. He proceeded to ram the Rodeo Clown and send him and his barrel flying.

48468777.filtered_clown.

I found out that New Jersey is a major breeding area for Brahma Bulls that are used in the Rodeo circuit. The rodeo is every Saturday night at 7:30 PM. I would recommend anyone who has the chance to stop by and experience it. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2005
  2. That's what you call staring death in the eye. Good shot.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Love the concentration of the clowns eyes.

Oh yes he does have to do that. Great shot.

Not so funny business

4. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

What a great photo.

5. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks for the comments. :smile:

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    That's really a great shot Dave. The DOF is perfect and the image speaks volumes. You were certainly in the right place at the right time. Great capture.

7. Nice photo. Those guys are really crazy....uhhh.....brave to do that.

8. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I was thinking more a long the lines of stupid :rolleyes:

9. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    Thanks Frank. I was using the 80-400 VR and I was close to 400mm for this shot. I didn't have a lot of luck as the lens is just to slow (aperature) for low light action shots. This was at 800 ISO with my D2h. I wish that I had tried my D50 with this lens combo this night just to see how the D50 handled the higher ISO settings.