1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by eng34ine, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Hi guys,

I keep looking, but i have seen a lot of football posts. Here in florida we started 2 weeks ago. Here are a few to get the ball rolling! Keep in mind that most of the images I take are composed as sportraits. The bottom line is, the only pictures they want to buy is of THEIR child.

As alway...questions, comments, criticisms, and concerns are encouraged.

TBYFL_1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

TBYFL_2.jpg

TBYFL_3.jpg

TBYFL_4.jpg

TBYFL_5.jpg

TBYFL_6.jpg

TBYFL_7.jpg

TBYFL_8.jpg

TBYFL_9.jpg

TBYFL_10.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2008
  2. jStat

jStat

Dec 11, 2007
    Janesville, WI
    I don't think I'll be doing any high school football this year...I've been put on 2nd Shift.

Nuts.

3. rolly,
    a very nice series of images
    hard to capture these little kids
    this is my favorite.... because shots where you can see their eyes are almost alway better... of course, that those safety helmet/face guards obscure the eyes so frequently

TBYFL_4.jpg

4. These work really well as sportraits. How old are these kids? I am really impressed (or supprised) that they kick-off.

Very nice shooting.

5. digitalzed

digitalzed

May 14, 2006
    N. Cal
    Great shots. Really. Crisp, clear, no blur, well exposed. Just one comment: Isn't there a rule in the NFL that you have to be over 10 to play? :tongue:

6. LOL...Kids start so early now that by the time they are ten, they have 5-6 seasons experience.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Wow Rolly, these are sweet, awesome faces and detail. Love the composition, your cropping created very nice interest in this series. No nits buddy, these are top notch.

8. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    I love all of the images. I love the aggressive crops as well.

If your trying to get the qb handing off so you could get a face I would move back another 5 yards and that first shot would have been even better.

Great work though, can't wait to begin shooting football this weekend.

It will be my first highschool game :)  Covering a game for maxpreps

Also another suggestion would be to add exif information below your images so that others can see your settings and learn from them if need be :) 

9. Phil,

I can't tell if you are talking to frank, or calling me frank. Which is it? LOL!!!

10. LMAO! One of you needs a drastic nickname and avatar change!

Anyway...

Awesome Rolly!

11. LOL...I guess they are pretty close, huh? Thats ok, I've been called worth things than Frank.

12. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

Rolly, ... man all you guys with early seasons here are making me jelous ...football offically kicks off next week here and i couldn't be more thrilled !

13. Shizelbs

Shizelbs

Jul 14, 2007
    Seattle
    Nice close football photos are great cause of the facial expressions that you only see with still photos. I love them.

14. thank you. to be honest, it amazes me how many parents wont spend $5.00 on a photo of their child. i know that we all post some perfect images by all standards on this forum. However, Ill bet that less than 25% of them sold.

15. Sauk

Sauk

Aug 4, 2008
    Sandy, UT
    Trust me I feel your pain! Here in Utah where a majority of families are 4 kids or more it seems there is not a lot of extra money for images.

What's sad is there is no one even taking pictures in the same ballpark as me quality wise. (not trying to say I am great, but they are better then what the parents are taking with their D80 F5.6 camera lens combo!)

Oh well :(  What can you do

16. I'm ready, and it looks like you're already in mid season form Rolly!! Awesome shots! :biggrin: You did a great job with them, and the kids are just too cute, uh, er, I mean TOUGH! :wink:

17. Very nice Rolly great series arent these kids a blast to shoot challenging but fun

18. Mike, it means a lot coming from such a gifted photographer. Thank you. I do love shooting these little guys. Hey, I have a question? What are your setting for your images? We have the same equipment so I just thought I'd compare notes. I dont ever want to stop learning.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.