Are you ready for some football?

Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
OK as passionate as I am about photography football is in the same league. Here in Philly our Eagles started training camp on Monday. It is not unusual to have several thousand people come to every practice.
Today practice was held in typical Philly summer weather 98 degrees and a very high humidity. Unfortunately my little girl couldn't take the heat and we had to leave early well here are a few shots from this morning
Our #1 draft pick Mike Patterson
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pass defense drills
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Brian Dawkins
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jevon Kearse
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hitting the blocking dummy
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Hugh Douglas and ND Kalu
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Jevon Kearse
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
 
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
978
Location
Viera Fl
Excellent Mike,

Boy this new monitor i am seeing thing in a much better light for sure. Wow...

Nice team of "little" guys there :>)))

Great expressions.
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,640
Location
Chicago, IL
Well Mike...it looks as though you had your fun shooting the Eagles. You had great vantage point for these images. Images are very crisp and shot at some peak action. I shot yesterday with papa85, but I haven't had time to look at them. I sure hope that something came out as good as yours. I may have to drive to NJ for some lessons!!!
 
Joined
Feb 25, 2005
Messages
304
Location
New Jersey
Kearse is a monster! That guy is for REAL! (That last one could be used for autograph hounds).

Great shots Mike, you have the gift for sports.

_/oe
 
Joined
Jan 29, 2005
Messages
33,516
Location
St. George, Utah
Mike that is neat that you live in an area where you can not only see a pro game once in a while but actually go to their practices. Well taken images that are as good or better as seen in any sports page or magazine.
 
Joined
Feb 1, 2005
Messages
4,741
Location
SE Florida
Wow, on that 4th shot,

is that giant lumpy mass on his left arm his bicep?? :shock: Super details with these shots Mike! Are you working with the Eagles mgmt on these? If not, you should be! How are you getting access to the sidelines?
Dang right I'm ready for some football! Gonna watch the Colts vs Falcons exhibition game from Japan @4am CST Sat on ESPN 2! Go Colts!
 
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Messages
8,677
Location
Alabama
Those are awesome! I love the end of summer for 2 reasons....temperatures start to cool off....and FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! Now personally I am a college football gal myself. But put me in front of just about any game and I can get into it...college or pro! College-wise I am an Auburn Tiger through and through. Pro...hmmmm....don't really have an absolute favorite these days, but I like to root for the underdogs. Keep posting more of these shots Mike, I really enjoyed them!
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #11
Gale said:
Excellent Mike,

Boy this new monitor i am seeing thing in a much better light for sure. Wow...

Nice team of "little" guys there :>)))

Great expressions.
Thanks Gale so which monitor did upgrade to.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #12
eng45ine said:
Well Mike...it looks as though you had your fun shooting the Eagles. You had great vantage point for these images. Images are very crisp and shot at some peak action. I shot yesterday with papa85, but I haven't had time to look at them. I sure hope that something came out as good as yours. I may have to drive to NJ for some lessons!!!
Frank Saw your post they were great we got there two hours early to mark out or spots agasint the fence
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #13
hillrg said:
Beautifully done Mike. I really enjoy examining your photos - all the t's are crossed and all the i's are dotted.
Thanks so much Rory comign from a photog of your caliber that sure is reassuring to hear.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #14
biggstr6 said:
Excellant stuff Mike . # 4 really shows how chiseled that guy is.
Kearse is insanely built he truly is a freak of nature, you should hear him talk he has a deep voice like Barry White.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #15
greyflash said:
Mike that is neat that you live in an area where you can not only see a pro game once in a while but actually go to their practices. Well taken images that are as good or better as seen in any sports page or magazine.
Gordont thansk fro the kind words, I have been on an email blitz to get these in front of someone who might be able to guide me to help market them, so far no luck
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #16
Re: Wow, on that 4th shot,

Steve S said:
is that giant lumpy mass on his left arm his bicep?? :shock: Super details with these shots Mike! Are you working with the Eagles mgmt on these? If not, you should be! How are you getting access to the sidelines?
Dang right I'm ready for some football! Gonna watch the Colts vs Falcons exhibition game from Japan @4am CST Sat on ESPN 2! Go Colts!
Steve thsi man is one incredible athlete beleive me he lives up to hsi name "The Freak"
I have been on an email blitz tryign to get these in front of someone whow would be in a postion to use them but so far no luck. I will keep trying
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #17
jklofft said:
Mike,

Great photos. What a treat to have such a great view of the action. See you in February. GO PATS!!!!!
Jeff I sure hope so, the PATS are still the team to beat.
 
Joined
Jan 25, 2005
Messages
12,409
Location
East Norriton, PA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
  • #18
Leigh said:
Those are awesome! I love the end of summer for 2 reasons....temperatures start to cool off....and FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! Now personally I am a college football gal myself. But put me in front of just about any game and I can get into it...college or pro! College-wise I am an Auburn Tiger through and through. Pro...hmmmm....don't really have an absolute favorite these days, but I like to root for the underdogs. Keep posting more of these shots Mike, I really enjoyed them!
Leigh I love any and all football, not supring to hear you are a Auburn fan, so do you have a runnign bet wiht Photo Dawg when Auburn plays Georgia?
I have tickets to two Eagels home games and thy have no restriction on still camera access, so hopefully I will get a few shots.
 
Joined
May 11, 2005
Messages
17,640
Location
Chicago, IL
If I'm not mistaken, I think that a few of us are going to the Georgia/Auburn game. I think it is in November, just before Thanksgiving. Actually, I think these guys want to do that game and an Atlanta Falcons game two days later and shoot some images of painted ladies (5 color old Victorians) in between.
 
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom