Are you ready for some football?

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Aug 4, 2005.

1. OK as passionate as I am about photography football is in the same league. Here in Philly our Eagles started training camp on Monday. It is not unusual to have several thousand people come to every practice.
    Today practice was held in typical Philly summer weather 98 degrees and a very high humidity. Unfortunately my little girl couldn't take the heat and we had to leave early well here are a few shots from this morning
    Our #1 draft pick Mike Patterson
    [​IMG]
    Pass defense drills
    [​IMG]
    Brian Dawkins
    [​IMG]
    Jevon Kearse
    [​IMG]
    Hitting the blocking dummy
    [​IMG]
    Hugh Douglas and ND Kalu
    [​IMG]
    Jevon Kearse
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Excellent Mike,

Boy this new monitor i am seeing thing in a much better light for sure. Wow...

Nice team of "little" guys there :>)))

Great expressions.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Well Mike...it looks as though you had your fun shooting the Eagles. You had great vantage point for these images. Images are very crisp and shot at some peak action. I shot yesterday with papa85, but I haven't had time to look at them. I sure hope that something came out as good as yours. I may have to drive to NJ for some lessons!!!

4. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    Excellant stuff Mike . # 4 really shows how chiseled that guy is.

5. Kearse is a monster! That guy is for REAL! (That last one could be used for autograph hounds).

Great shots Mike, you have the gift for sports.

_/oe

6. Mike that is neat that you live in an area where you can not only see a pro game once in a while but actually go to their practices. Well taken images that are as good or better as seen in any sports page or magazine.

7. Beautifully done Mike. I really enjoy examining your photos - all the t's are crossed and all the i's are dotted.

8. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Wow, on that 4th shot,

is that giant lumpy mass on his left arm his bicep?? :shock: Super details with these shots Mike! Are you working with the Eagles mgmt on these? If not, you should be! How are you getting access to the sidelines?
    Dang right I'm ready for some football! Gonna watch the Colts vs Falcons exhibition game from Japan @4am CST Sat on ESPN 2! Go Colts!

9. Mike,

Great photos. What a treat to have such a great view of the action. See you in February. GO PATS!!!!!

10. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Those are awesome! I love the end of summer for 2 reasons....temperatures start to cool off....and FOOTBALL SEASON!!!! Now personally I am a college football gal myself. But put me in front of just about any game and I can get into it...college or pro! College-wise I am an Auburn Tiger through and through. Pro...hmmmm....don't really have an absolute favorite these days, but I like to root for the underdogs. Keep posting more of these shots Mike, I really enjoyed them!

11. Thanks Gale so which monitor did upgrade to.

12. Frank Saw your post they were great we got there two hours early to mark out or spots agasint the fence

13. Thanks so much Rory comign from a photog of your caliber that sure is reassuring to hear.

14. Kearse is insanely built he truly is a freak of nature, you should hear him talk he has a deep voice like Barry White.

15. Gordont thansk fro the kind words, I have been on an email blitz to get these in front of someone who might be able to guide me to help market them, so far no luck

16. Re: Wow, on that 4th shot,

Steve thsi man is one incredible athlete beleive me he lives up to hsi name "The Freak"
    I have been on an email blitz tryign to get these in front of someone whow would be in a postion to use them but so far no luck. I will keep trying

17. Jeff I sure hope so, the PATS are still the team to beat.

18. Leigh I love any and all football, not supring to hear you are a Auburn fan, so do you have a runnign bet wiht Photo Dawg when Auburn plays Georgia?
    I have tickets to two Eagels home games and thy have no restriction on still camera access, so hopefully I will get a few shots.

19. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    If I'm not mistaken, I think that a few of us are going to the Georgia/Auburn game. I think it is in November, just before Thanksgiving. Actually, I think these guys want to do that game and an Atlanta Falcons game two days later and shoot some images of painted ladies (5 color old Victorians) in between.

20. WOW.....wonderful shots Mike. :D :D :D :D