1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Are you sick of Anna yet? This time it's the 105mm f/2.5 AI-S (image included)

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by TMR Design, Aug 16, 2008.

1. I hope no one is tired of seeing Anna yet. She is such a pleasure to work with and I always love the work we do together. We've been working on various types of shots for her portfolio to show diversity and a selection of 'looks'.

For this shoot we did many full length (which I have not processed yet) and a variety of tight shots. Once again, I chose the 105mm f/2.5 AI-S for the tight shots and I'm very pleased with the results.

The first one is more of a playful shot than anything else but we both agreed it was fun and worth processing. The second is something we worked on to get the pose and feel right.

I did a low contrast black and white conversion that I really like. I've wanted to use this effect but up until now I hadn't really found the right image. I think I finally did.

I hope you enjoy viewing these images as much as I loved creating them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  2. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Great job first one is my favorite.

3. Thank you Seneca.

4. nice shots
    pretty lady
    the 2nd one is my favorite, because image #1 isn't pleasing to her gum line and teeth (upper left side)

the second image is very reminiscent of sheryl crow
    very nicely done

5. Robert,

The first is a "killer" shot in my eyes. I'm trying to dig the second. But the first says it all for me.

6. my boat is a floatin, that's for sure. Beautiful shots.

7. Agreed Greg. As I said, the first one was just for fun but we liked it. Anna has some interesting facial characteristics and it's a bit tough to get her smile just right sometimes.

The second is my favorite as well. Thank you.

8. Thanks Tony.

I think the effect in the second shot is something you either get or you don't. I don't think it's going to be everyone's cup of tea but I love taking chances and exploring outside the box.

9. Thank you Mark. I had a feeling these would float your boat. :biggrin:

10. Love #2 except for the flecks of white light bleeding through her hair on the left side.
    Really nice look.:smile:

11. Thanks man.

Funny you should mention that Tim. The color image doesn't show the white like that. The change in contrast seem to have revealed that. Tomorrow (once I've gotten some sleep) I'll go back in and make an adjustment layer to fix that.

12. Very nice. I like them both.

13. Thank you William.

14. Hi again Tim,

I did a quick fix on the white bleeding through the hair. I like it much better. Thanks.

15. Me too!:biggrin:

16. I think she's going to have two excellent images to add to her portfolio. Great job, Robert :smile:

17. tfenne

tfenne

Apr 10, 2008
    Cambridge, MA
    No! Not sick of Anna at all. I really like both of these. I think I've read most/all of your Anna threads and I think these are your best shots of her yet - the posing/composition really plays to her strengths. Also really like the way the low contrast B/W draws your attention to her eyes and hair. Works for me!

18. Thank you Brian.

Hey Tim,

Thanks for that. Anna loves the black and white.

I probably should not have called it a low contrast black and white. I've had a few people comment that it was not low contrast and technically they are correct. I titled it based on the Lightroom preset I was working with, which was called Low Contrast B&W. On the other hand, you should see it when I increase contrast. By comparison my conversion would be considered low in contrast :biggrin:

19. Very nice and natural and #1 is my fav as well. Great subject to shoot too!

20. Thank you Scott. Always nice to have your input.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.