Arg! I hate the wind!

it tipped over my flash stand, and i guess i would say i'm lucky because i had my umbrella on it. but still... it broke two of my umbrellas! never set an outdoor studio unless you got someone to old the stand or got some heavy duty sand bags. sigh, there goes $40 dollars.

Agreed. My shooting buddy and I spent the day last week trying to shoot macros in the wind. The only subject that wouldn't move was tree bark!

It's hard enough to get good weather in Seattle...

Andrew, I use my camera bag to weigh down the stand. Mine has bungee cords attached to it which make it perfect to looping around a release clasp on the stand.

Same thing happened to me when I was shooting a car. Had a guy there whos car i shot as well and asked him to hold the stand he said ok turned around and walked away just as a gust of wind blew it over, flash was fine umbrella not so good.

You would think wind would not be a fact when shooting photos but I have heard nightmares about it. Sorry to hear about your accident, and the other that have posted here too (I tried doing macros in the wind....not much fun!), camera bags as weight are a great idea since I am not lugging around a sandbag or two when I go shooting.

The wind is my biggest problem as well. And it always has it's timing perfect. As soon as I compose and focus.....bam....a gust. I now am amazed when it doesn't blow when I'm ready to shoot.

R

Removed User 5

Agreed. My shooting buddy and I spent the day last week trying to shoot macros in the wind. The only subject that wouldn't move was tree bark!
Been there, done that. The neighbors thought I was building something I was swearing so often. :wink:

It is a verified principle of modern physics that the simple act of even THINKING of pressing a camera shutter release button sets off a chain of global atmospheric events events resulting in wind. This is obviously related, or derived from the "butterfly theory" (part of chaos theory): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effect

WE ARE POWERLESS TO STOP IT!!!!!!:wink:
FUNNY:smile:

Hay you need wind?? Just call me, I will come and 'pretend' to shoot dragons, I can guarantee a force 10 gale:biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom