Argyll, Scotland

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by KristinB, Jul 20, 2007.

1. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2007
  2. Very very nice Kristin. We were in Scotland last September; brings back pleasant memories.

Thanks, Rich

3. Gorgeous shots Kristin. Thanks for sharing them here.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Beautiful images and country
    Love that castle
    Wonder if it is spooky inside...lol:>))

5. Sadly Gale, it's completely restored to a "country gentleman" style. Some Scottish castles are ruins, a few are actually like they were in the middle ages (Cawdor Castle, for example) and many others are more Victorian or early 18th century inside. This one is filled with Belgian tapestries and French furniture, everything roped off to prevent touching or wear and is filled with docents to keep tourists in line. I believe this is the ancestral home of the Campbells, the one-time deadly enemies of the MacDonalds. Eileen Donan castle, which you would immediately recognize was restored in the early 20th century and looks like a 1920's home inside. Very disappointing because it looks so "ancient" on the outside.

This castle is beautiful, but not what I'd call spooky.

Thanks, Rich

6. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Thank You Rich

I have never been in an old Castle:>))
    Quite interesting.

7. Andyc

Andyc

Nov 6, 2006
    South Wales UK
    Lovely images Kristin.

Best regards
    Andy

8. KristinB

KristinB

Apr 12, 2007
    Stafford, VA
    Thanks everyone for the kind words... Gale, if you want to see a spooky castle, Castle Campbell (also known as Castle Gloom, for good reason) is the one to visit. We didn't make it there this trip, so I don't have any shots, but visited it many years ago...

9. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    You have a very good eye ! Hope you continue to post these wonderful images