1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Ariel Atom

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Spectral, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Had a chance to go with a buddy and shoot an Ariel Atom.

Awesome little car. 300+ hp in a 1400lbs car.

Onto the pics!

3807416700_7f79e8a1e3_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3807416734_59dbd399d3_o.jpg

3806599839_b157a5909e_o.jpg

3806599881_e10f19f32c_o.jpg

5. (Took this one last minute wanted to get a shot of the skull...not the best but I think the skull is bad *** haha)
    3807416876_4f8862c049_o.jpg

2. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    Great Job J.B.!

3. kanzlr

kanzlr

Jun 18, 2007
    Vienna/AT
    I was going to tell you that they are too dark, but now that I am at home at my high quality calibrated screen, they look excellent.

I do like the way you use light to direct the viewers attention. calendar worthy :) 

4. So they look good are you screen? Hmm maybe my screen is calibrated right then haha. People always tell me they are dark I always blame it on MY SCREEN not theirs haha.

5. Juliflex

Juliflex

Jan 27, 2008
    Puerto Rico
    nice pics! over here in puerto rico we got a turbocharged one with 400+hp :eek: 

6. That's just insane! haha stock they go 0-60 in like 3seconds this one I took pictures was under that and its at probably 305-320whp.

I can't imagine how fast 400+ would be lol.

7. So that's what you were doing instead of Formula Drift? :p  Nice shots.

8. Juliflex

Juliflex

Jan 27, 2008
    Puerto Rico
    yeah it is on average 2-4 seconds faster on the track that the next fastest car and that is on a short track (~52 sec a lap)!! On the longer tracks the difference is even greater!

btw just noticed in #4 there is some type of ghosting or something in the edge of the sky and background...

9. Haha yeah I had other plans + this. I really wanted to go to Formula Drift. :(  oh well there is always next year! And hopefully I will have a 70-200 2.8 by then lol.

I saw your drift shows the genesis is sick.

10. #4 i need to go re visit. It was a crapy job of getting rid of an ugly fence in the background.

11. nephets0

nephets0

Jul 29, 2009
    Tulsa Oklahoma
    I love the atoms! I'd for sure drive one as a daily driver...

12. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    Oh nice car i saw one of these on Top gear.

13. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god, the things I would do to have this car..

14. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    This uses a turbocharged Civic Type-R engine, right?

I really like the photos. "Calendar worthy", as someone said.
    Having said that, there's something on the horizon on photo #4 that distracts a bit. But I'm just being picky. :tongue:

15. Jaytron

Jaytron

Mar 22, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Supercharged iirc

16. jpfigueiredo

jpfigueiredo

Oct 3, 2008
    Leiria
    iirc... It took me a while to get that acronym. First time I've heard it. :tongue:

Anyway, you're quite right. It's supercharged.

17. Some come with the civic type R motor, k20a, and have an option for adding a supercharger to it.

this one however has GM's 2.0L supercharged ecotec motor with a larger supercharger.

18. #4's horizon is bad, i was trying to get rid of a fence but did a bad job it need to redo it and do a better job.

19. Baoser

Baoser

Apr 29, 2008
    Milpitas, CA
    Great pictures, they are a bit dark on my screen here at work...but hopefully they look better when I get home. =D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.