Arista Premium 400 pushed 800

Few examples of how it looks in HC110 1:100 semi stand. A lot of folks say it is Trix and re-badged. I'm not experienced enough to know the difference if it has the Trix tones or not, I mostly use Neopan, so I'm branching off a little:smile:. Do you guys think tonality is subjective?

By the way these are of my fathers, please go easy. It was his 68th B-day.:biggrin:

i-Z3j7G6V-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-xRNQqrv-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Tonality looks good to me the blacks are black and the whites are white!! Great comp and the images are quite sharp. Well done!!

Happy birthday to your dad!! ( Only two years older then me!)

Excellent portraits, AP 400 is indeed TriX from what I've read and heard. Your dad is 7
years older than me (spent my birthday April 28 lit by candles but no cake after a huge storm we
had that knocked the power out for 5 days, ) and your dad and I still have most
of our hair!:biggrin:

Tonality looks good to me the blacks are black and the whites are white!! Great comp and the images are quite sharp. Well done!!

Happy birthday to your dad!! ( Only two years older then me!)

Thank you, I think they might be a little low on contrast after looking at the rest of the set. Perhaps, the semi stand needed few more shakes. I'll try a slight curve adjustment and see how they look.

I've been using the FE body a lot more for family functions and walkabouts with the 50mm AIS. Its a sharp little sucker.

Nice images all around. Happy Birthday to your Dad.

Thank you.

Excellent portraits, AP 400 is indeed TriX from what I've read and heard. Your dad is 7
years older than me (spent my birthday April 28 lit by candles but no cake after a huge storm we
had that knocked the power out for 5 days, ) and your dad and I still have most
of our hair!:biggrin:

Well, happy belated b-day to you.

I'm actually impressed how clean it looks pushed at 800, granted I had a big softbox from 10000ft above lol. Hardly any grain and the shadow detail is just superb.

Its so hard to try all the combos of developers and films out there, if you guys know of better film or developers for pushing please share your experiences.

Wonderful portraits of your dad. That looks grain-less for Tri-X.

Just curious, what was the reason for pushing the film to 800?

I was shooting inside so I had to leave the ASA wheel alone. Also, my shutter speed was less 500 at the working aperture, it was also heavy overcast and almost dark so it worked out.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom