1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Arizona has Spring in September

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by haze2, Sep 25, 2008.

1. haze2

haze2

Mar 18, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    One of my favorite things about AZ is watching our desert plants start to bloom in the fall. Many of the plants that were vibrant in the spring really struggle in the triple digit heat of summer. But in September, when the temperatures start to drop below 100 degrees (38 Celsius), the desert starts to look like spring again. Last night I returned home from a trip to Athens and Zürich and when I woke up early this morning I couldn't believe the blossoms in my back yard.

I know I'm really blessed to have a job that lets me see so much of the world. But no matter where I go, I always look forward to coming back to Arizona. I'm die hard Desert Rat!

D80, ISO 400, Nikon 70-300.

View attachment 257161

View attachment 257162

View attachment 257163

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Arizona is very beautiful. Nice shots.

3. Stef

Stef

Nov 1, 2005
    Peoria, AZ
    My honeysuckle is blooming as well. I just wish it would hurry and cool down at least 10 more degrees.

4. What a refreshing change from our autumn colours (NOT my favourite season for sure as everything is dying). Very pretty flowers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.