Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum

Discussion in 'Birds' started by jaminphoto, Nov 30, 2005.

1. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Some photos I took at ASDM. The highlight was the raptor freeflight. Four adult Harris Hawks were flying free makes a good flying subject.
    The hummingbird garden was also very nice spot. The place is a bit cramped though, which makes it hard to stay at a spot waiting for the bird.
    All in all I think its a good zoo/museum.

Harris Hawk
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hummingbird
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Elf Owl
    [​IMG]

Mountain Goat
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    These are "ACE" as my Brit friend Paul would say. I like them all. The close ups of the Harris Hawk are just wonderful.

Thank you for sharing,

3. These are absolutely excellent! Great detail and exposures.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Thanks Ricardo! The Sonora Desert Museum is one of my favorite zoos ever, because they keep the focus on animals that live wild in the same location as the zoo itself. Some of the distant horizon vistas eccentuate the feeling that you are observing real nature there. The surrounding Saguaro National Forest is also amazing.

cactus6a.
    (an old film pic i took with a view camera as a kid)​

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Ricardo,

Good to see you posting your excellent images again. All of these images are great, but my absolute favorite is the first. I love the wing feather detail on this flight shot. :smile:

6. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    ASDM is one of my favorite places, never have been able to see the raptor free-flight though. Great shots of the Harris Hawks, they are a favorite (go figure, they are AKA Baywing hawks) You did very well with the hummers, they are very tough. I really liked a small rufus they had there for years, he was the bully of the aviary, but the last time I was there, he had died. He came from outside, so they didn't know how old he really was, but he was there for over 8 years as I recall.

7. Excellent shots. The first is my favorite, great details.

8. Very very nice love the Hawk portraits they are spot on.

9. Hey I know those birds... great shots of a place I try and get to once a year...

10. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

11. jaminphoto

jaminphoto

Jul 7, 2005
    SF Bay area
    Thanks for the kind words everybody.

--ricardo

12. Ricardo,
    These are outstanding images! really looks like a great place to shoot.
    DAve

13. Beautiful raptor shots!!!

14. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very nice

My favorites are the mountain goats. I would love to take a trip to Arizona. Maybe next spring after the ski season is over I can get Greg to take me there. I'll certainly have to check out this park. I appreciate you showing me a bit of it.

All these images are just fabulous.