Around the flower garden

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by BullittMan, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Just some casual shots taken around mother's flower garden. First close ups with my new D50!

DSC_2606.

DSC_0251.

DSC_2614.

DSC_0253.

There's some nice purple ones in bloom atm. I'll try for those next.

2. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    I especially like the first one for its composition and subject isolation. Nine times out of ten, I prefer close-ups, like these, of flowers over true macros.

3. I agree with Bob. The first one is my favorite, also.

4. Hi,

I also like the first shot best. Good composition and I especially like the use of the diagonal, not the typical flower shot. Good eye!

Regards,

5. _Jorge_

_Jorge_

Jul 3, 2007
    Thailand
    Very well done. #1 is superb, love that composition and bokeh. thanks for sharing.

6. I too like the first one Man.

More than that I like the picture of Steve McQueen my all time favourite, with that cigarette dangling from his lips

7. Thanks folks, yeah I agree with ya'll about the first one being the best. These have been really slow to bloom, I'm hoping the whole stalk will be in bloom at once eventually.