Arrival and Welcome!

Aw man, I was hoping to be the first one to welcome everyone!

Oh well...second fiddle is nothing to sneeze at...

Welcome everyone! I'm so looking forward to this weekend. I've been cooking for two days straight...I hope you will all be hungry when you get here and full when you leave! :biggrin:

Seriously though, this is something we look forward to every year. I start planning the next one as soon as the last one is over!

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Huh?

You must have been cooking to much, you are first, :wink:

Thought I would post the SECOND thread on the gathering, even though work keeps me from being there

Arrivals, looks like Rich and Carolyn arrived, as have Larry and Marilyn, Connie too is in town

Have fun folks

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Yes I am pulling your chain, trying to make you smile and relax! you are doing to much! But I know you love this sort of thing!

Yes I am pulling your chain, trying to make you smile and relax! you are doing to much! But I know you love this sort of thing!

Yeah, I kinda figured that's what you were doing. :tongue:

And yes, I love this sort of thing...I have so much fun planning every year. As long as everyone has a good time, I'll be just happy.

P

Patchpictures

Where is this taking place? Any of y'all wanna help me shoot a wedding at Montesano Lodge tomorrow? I mean since y'all are in town and need something to do and all..

THis all takes place in North Alabama. Tonight is the meet and greet at our home (beginning in about an hour). Tomorrow is at the Botanical Garden.

If you are interested in joining us tonight, feel free to come on. I'll pm you our address and phone number.

P

Patchpictures

Thanks for the offer but I was at a rehearsal dinner tonight and will be shooting all day tomorrow at the lodge on Montesano Mt. I'd like to join in the festivities on Sunday though and get a T-Shirt. Hope to see ya there.....

Wade, great job on assembling the raffle. Dave did a great job in your stead with Marilyn's able assistance. I WILL be visiting with you at some point about the speech you had Dave read.

:frown:

:smile:

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Wade, great job on assembling the raffle. Dave did a great job in your stead with Marilyn's able assistance. I WILL be visiting with you at some point about the speech you had Dave read.

:frown:
:smile:

I thought you might "like" that. Hey, I couldn't be there in person, so I had to have some fun some way!

:biggrin:

Wade

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
this is what I sent, but Dave embellished it and gave it his great touch.

My fellow café friends, it is with great sadness that I cannot attend the gathering this year, but after much thought I have assigned appropriate individuals for the tasks at hand.

First I selected Marilyn because of her grace and kindness, and by the fact that she did a wonderful job last year. I also continue to feel a bit sorry for her being married to that old geezer named Larry! I thought this job might take her mind off of that for a while.
I had considered other spouses and guests like the spouse of Rich (the super Carolyn,) but I figured she needs to be available to holler, “not another camera bag” which was the line of the event last year. In case you haven’t noticed Rich, there are Two monopods this year, one with the nice bogen swivel head, the other with a bogen quick release with plates, good luck Rich, however, there are at least 13-14 bags so the odds are against you.

I then decided on Dave Dickerson as host and chief MC because he is also always kind and polite to the fellow café members, I know he can think quick on his feet to help tease folks about their gifts and can make quick witty one liners as the named individuals move up to claim their gifts. Dave can do that, right Dave? no pressure at all, it really is easy to do! Ha! One other reason I selected Dave, is my father told me to always spread the “dung” around so even the good people get to experience a little bit of discomfort in their lives!
One final note, to the Dude! Love the recent work on Frits image on the trip down to Alabama, keep things lively will ya!

Rules of the game and setup:

Two bags for drawing, one with every café members name in it, one with 36 numbers, Marilyn is in charge of this.

Marilyn will draw a name, then she will collect the names drawn and place in another location. The person whose name is called comes up and draws a number from Marilyn. The number drawn will correspond with the appropriate gift

Dave Dickerson, will have the prize list below, and he will gather the prizes and keep track of what has been called and number of times traded.
When your name is called, you may either keep your door prize, or you may trade it for a another one if it has not been traded for three times. When the prize has been traded for the third time, it remains with the final recipient.

If there are more prizes than Café members after all names are drawn the names are placed back into the hat for the final gifts, but these prizes will not be traded! A rule twist for the second go around, so Rich if that tripod is still there after the first run through, you may still have a chance when all 36 gifts are distributed the game is officially over and all trades are finished. What takes place in regards to horse trading and other activities and sales will not be moderated or regulated.

Latest threads

Top Bottom