Arrival Friday

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Looking forward to hear your comments Ron I'm especially interested in what Sharpening settings you would recommend, I have been expreimeting abit but the best results are if you do it twice in NC4, second time on the JPG.

Ron Reznick said:
The first real test will be on Sunday: scenics and macros at Huntington Gardens. This should be quite interesting...

I'll post some shots.

Ron

andreasb said:
Looking forward to hear your comments Ron I'm especially interested in what Sharpening settings you would recommend, I have been expreimeting abit but the best results are if you do it twice in NC4, second time on the JPG.
I found some D2x NEF files online last week and downloaded them. They were shot with no camera sharpening.

I found that the USM settings of 48, 5, 8 (the same that Ron Reznick recommends for the D70) appeared to be right on.

I'll know soon. The only NEFs from a D2x that I've processed so far were a fisheye shot and a 70-200VR shot (the latter taken at f/2.8, backfocused a bit, at 1/125). That one required extra intensity and a lowered threshold. The fisheye shot was 48,5,8 as Brian said above.

Ron

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Do you want a NEF?

I'll send you a NEF if you want?

Ron Reznick said:
I'll know soon. The only NEFs from a D2x that I've processed so far were a fisheye shot and a 70-200VR shot (the latter taken at f/2.8, backfocused a bit, at 1/125). That one required extra intensity and a lowered threshold. The fisheye shot was 48,5,8 as Brian said above.

Ron

I'll be generating 100 shots or more at Huntington Gardens on Sunday (scenics and macro), and I'll very likely do some local test-shots on Saturday as well. In a couple of days I'll be flooded with enormous NEFs.

Thanks for the offer though :^)

Ron

Ron Reznick said:
The first real test will be on Sunday: scenics and macros at Huntington Gardens. This should be quite interesting...

I'll post some shots.

Ron
Congratulations Ron, I got mine on Monday and still experimenting I, too would like to know what settings you will be suggesting. See I never had a D2H so the D2X is a foreign language to me but I'm getting there by reading the manual and practicing. I almost need a class on using the D2X but I won't give up. I will understand it all over given time.

Looking forward to some wonderful pictures you take too.

Meliss

I'll know soon, Melissa. Tomorrow I won't be shooting it except for a few local walk-around shots, but Sunday will tell the tale for certain.

Ron

mine also

One is dangling around Nena's neck (D2h with 70-200) other in my hands(D2x with 17-55 dx)
28f1.4 still hasn't arrived!!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom