Arrival Friday

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by Ron Reznick, Mar 2, 2005.

1. The first real test will be on Sunday: scenics and macros at Huntington Gardens. This should be quite interesting...

I'll post some shots.

Ron

2. Looking forward to hear your comments Ron I'm especially interested in what Sharpening settings you would recommend, I have been expreimeting abit but the best results are if you do it twice in NC4, second time on the JPG.

3. You with a D2X is scary if your work with the D2H is any criteria. I look forward to your posts and congratulations.

4. I found some D2x NEF files online last week and downloaded them. They were shot with no camera sharpening.

I found that the USM settings of 48, 5, 8 (the same that Ron Reznick recommends for the D70) appeared to be right on.

5. I'll know soon. The only NEFs from a D2x that I've processed so far were a fisheye shot and a 70-200VR shot (the latter taken at f/2.8, backfocused a bit, at 1/125). That one required extra intensity and a lowered threshold. The fisheye shot was 48,5,8 as Brian said above.

Ron

6. Do you want a NEF?

I'll send you a NEF if you want?

7. I'll be generating 100 shots or more at Huntington Gardens on Sunday (scenics and macro), and I'll very likely do some local test-shots on Saturday as well. In a couple of days I'll be flooded with enormous NEFs.

Thanks for the offer though :^)

Ron

8. Congratulations Ron, I got mine on Monday and still experimenting I, too would like to know what settings you will be suggesting. See I never had a D2H so the D2X is a foreign language to me but I'm getting there by reading the manual and practicing. I almost need a class on using the D2X but I won't give up. I will understand it all over given time.

Looking forward to some wonderful pictures you take too.

Meliss

9. I'll know soon, Melissa. Tomorrow I won't be shooting it except for a few local walk-around shots, but Sunday will tell the tale for certain.

Ron

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    mine also

One is dangling around Nena's neck (D2h with 70-200) other in my hands(D2x with 17-55 dx)
    28f1.4 still hasn't arrived!!!

11. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOL Hans

gale

12. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    LOL Hans

gale

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

15. AbracaDABRA! D2x... APPEAR!

POOOOF!

There it is...

Ron

16. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005

17. I assume that in the UK, poof is slang for gay, right?

Here, it's onomatopoeia for the sound a puff of smoke makes.

Ron

18. NeilCam

NeilCam

Feb 21, 2005
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Congratulations Ron!

Why, oh why, do I torture myself by coming into these threads?!??

Excuse me while I go feel cry.

Neil ;)