Art History Brush

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by MGlennn, Nov 28, 2005.

1. OK some of you Art History Brush experts...:smile:

I have been fooling around with this all weekend after Diane got me hooked....:mad:

Questions:

1) how do you decide which brushes to use ??
    2) what if you paint over the same area twice ??
    3) does it make any difference which way the brush moves ??

Here's a feeble attempt at a purple cone flower...:redface:

[​IMG]

2. Mike, did you work from the tutorial I posted earlier? Download Trimoon's (www.trimoon.com) Art History Brush sets and then follow the tutorial. The Art History Brush Spatter 15 in one of those sets is a good one to start with. It doesn't matter if you paint over the same area twice. Pretend you are painting with a real brush. Reduce the size of the brush to bring back a little detail and or shadow. Are you using a tablet? It's much easier for me if I use the tablet rather than the mouse but some do very well with the mouse alone.

It does take practice till you get the feel of it - don't get discouraged! :smile:

3. Thanks for looking in Diane..
    :smile:

No tablet...just mouse

also.....use Mac not PC and have not downloaded Trimoon's tut/brushes...just sort of "winging it" based on your tut and others...

It is an addicting sort of deal....can't paint a lick, but this makes me feel like an artist :biggrin: :biggrin: