Art Wolfe show on PBS

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by james thiel, May 18, 2007.

1. If anyone is interested Art Wolfe, a Seattle local but world renowned wildlife and nature photographer, is hosting a tv series called Travels to the Edge. The first one I saw was last night. Here is a link to the Website. http://www.travelstotheedge.com/

Art is a very good instructor as well as a great photographer. He gives lots of tips in his show. The only thing is he is a Canon shooter and is now a digital shooter as well. In his former life he used Nikon gear.

2. Thanks for the link Jim. I look forward to catching the next one.

Have you attended one of his classes?

3. No, I have not but living here in Seattle, I have been to a few of his presentations and always enjoy listening to him and speaking with him. He seems like a great guy. I visit his gallery a few times a year as well.

4. joyce

joyce Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. RandyB

RandyB Guest

Thanks, Alabama PBS starts showing June.

6. JamesMor

JamesMor

Jun 28, 2005
    New York
    Thanks for the link. Saturdays at 6 or Sundays at 3 PM, LOL, neither really fits in my schedule. I suppose I could try to tape it.

James

7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    The episode shown 2 weeks ago was amazing. Not only is the photography exquisite but the cinematography matches it. The cover of last month's Outdoor Photography had an image that he shot during the filming of that episode of the show.

Mike

8. Art Wolfe is a brilliant photographer who I think is almost as good as Franz Lanting. I had his (AW) calendar in 2004 and 2006.

Any presentation given by him is bound to be superb.

BW. Bob F.

9. Art gives a talk to our photo club here in Seattle every few years. Very interesting.

10. Whether he shoots with Nikon, Canon or whatever, that sounds very interesting, thanks for the tip.