Artesa Winery in Napa County..

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Backdoctor, Oct 15, 2005.

1. My recent vacation took us to anywhere from 30-35 wineries. We averaged about 7 for 5 days. Tough work, but you soon learn to share tastings to save money and be able to function the whole day. Anyhow, Artesa winery is one of my favorites for the beauty of their grounds and facility, and their wines are top notch too.

Now I am far from a landscape or scenic shooter, so these shots do not do the place justice, but here's my stab.

On the winding road up to the facility, I grabbed the D100 and 24-85 from the wife for this shot. We are looking at it from the right side of the facility. Later shots will be taken looking from the front door out (twds the left here), and towards the front doors (looking to the right in this perspective). The thing on the left that looks like a person is a statue/sculpture of some sorts, so should give you a better idea of where the other shots were taken:
    original.
    after parking, you have to walk up these steps to get to the entrance. Behind you is steps leading down to a fountain on an other plateau with a beautiful view:
    original.

once up those steps are "pools" with this sculpture you saw in the first shot from the road:
    original.
    and these fountains to the left:
    original.
    a view of the entrance:
    original.
    a view facing out from the entrance:
    original.
    and one facing left out from the entry:
    original.

One down, 30 or more to go.... :smile:

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Nice shots.

Beautiful country.

Looked like very nice weather .

Won't ask if you had fun :>)))))))

3. Very nice I like the shots of the reflection pool sand sclupture

4. jjdesanto1

jjdesanto1

May 1, 2005
    Warwick, N.Y.
    John DeSanto
    Super shots

Great pix, Harris. That might be one of the most unique buildings I've ever seen. Good job showing us what it was like!

5. thanks John, it is a photogenic place for sure. I appreciate the kind words.