Artifact introduced by cropping in Capture NX

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by Pa, Jul 23, 2007.

1. I have been doing my processing almost exclusively with Capture NX lately, including cropping. However I have just discovered that I get an artifact of a straight line visible in some images after they are cropped.

For example, notice the upper left-hand corner of the image below:

174477369-L.

Has anyone else encountered this?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2007
  2. I saw this on one of my pictures for the first this morning, except I wasn't cropping. I had use D-Lighting and curves. I noticed the line (same location as yours) after I applying USM and as I was doing a save-as. I did find reference to the line in another thread in this section of the Cafe, but can't remember where. The posting made reference to a "bug" .
    I think it's aliens from outer space trying to communicate!:wink:

3. There is a long discussion in "Fix for NX 1.1 black lines???" futher down in this section of the cafe.
    Oh, I am using version 1.1

4. O.K. I see that it has been discussed before. The fixes posted by other folks don't work for me.

Seems like an obvious thing for Nikon to fix.

5. Yeah, I tried some of them--none work. Given what we paid for NX, yes, Nikon should fix (Are your listening, Nikon???) :cool:

But I have experienced it on only 1 of many hundreds of processed pictures.

6. Yeah, I tried some of them--none work. Given what we paid for NX, yes, Nikon should fix (Are you listening, Nikon???) :cool:

But I have experienced it on only 1 of many hundreds of processed pictures.

7. I've submitted this, with an example, as a query on the Nikon USA web page.

I'll post here any response I get.

8. Here is the response from Nikon:

We are aware of this bug, it has been reported to the development team, and will be resolved in the next release. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Thanks for using Nikon products!