Artsy Lily ??

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Kevin Scott, May 9, 2005.

1. Ok, here's my attempt to be a bit more artsy and work on more interesting composition. Does it work? If it does then I'll go back and clone and clean up things a bit. The water really was that dark...

Also, I applied Vernon's suggestions on PS post-processing jpgs in the D2X thread.

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I'm not your best artsy-fartsy commentator, but I think that it works. I like the line of lily pads along the left, and the colorful bead-like structures floating on the water.

3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Kevin,

I'm w/Frank...I'm not an artsy kinda person really....but I know what works for me and what doesn't. In general I like the shot. But....since you asked.....I think if it were me....I'd crop just below the second lily pad and leave the ones at the bottome out. But then again, that's just me. Otherwise, I still think it's a great picture. And btw, I love the little frog on the edge of the second lily pad! ;-)

4. Thank you Frank and Leigh for your comments. Leigh, I'll play around with cropping and see what it looks like. It's hard sometimes to "see" other alternatives when you originally take the picture then look at it so often during pp. Thanks for the suggestions!

5. Frame of leaves works well for me. I am just a pit puzzled by the bud which seems to come from nowhere.
    Cheers

6. Yes Kevin...........it works!! Very well done!! :D :D :D